Thread: A/C Help
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2001, 07:37 PM   #5
quick89gt
Registered Member

Well, I went to the body shop today and finished installing all of the new lines...and they put vaccuum on it and it held 28 H.G. of vaccuum for 10 minutes. Then, they went to charge it, but they didn't have enough R-12 freon to charge the damn system, so they have to wait until monday...they had to order a pig of it for $1,000. They only got to pump about 1.3lbs of freon into it, but no cool air blew out, but then again, that's because the systems needs 2.4lbs of freon, so that's not enough to cool. Well, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it will work. The guy said if it holds vaccuum through that vaccuum test that it should hold a charge too, so I'm crossing my fingers...Josh

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Vortech S-Trim, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Screamin' Deamon Coil, 255lph Fuel Pump, T-Rex, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote