View Single Post
Old 01-17-2001, 05:13 PM   #3
blkrain

Thumbs up

Well well well, a 331 huh? with forged internals huh? Well how does 375-400RWHP NA sound to you. I believe completely that it can be done with that stroker even though u might have to rev to 6700/6800RPM. The LS1s with 346 cu inch are doing 400-425RWHP so I don't see why U couldn't. The forged internals is a big plus here even with a stock block. Just get a Main support like the DSS and U'll be good.

Eg of Heads for this will Canfield heads, Avenger, TFS twisted wedge heads flowing approx. 285-305on the intake and 235-250 exhaust, AFR 185cc heads with similar flow figures to TFS heads and TFS R heads.

Eg of intakes will be Victor Jnr, Ported Holley systemax, (no motorsport intakes), TFS R intake, a custom box upper from someone like Bennet Racing might do also.

Then the most important part of the setup will be the CAM. Nothing too radical, DEFINATELY custom grind. Say in the neighborhood of 540-550int/560-570exh lifts, 114LSA very good cam timing setup etc. This will ensure u idle perfectly normal (close to stock as u can get) @ around 900-1100RPM and drivability being very good.

Add the rest of the ingredients like 1 3/4 longtubes, full 3inch exhaust, 80 and above mass-air meter, 75 or bigger throttle-body (just port the 75, u don't want to go too big) etc and u most probably make that amount of RWHP. Again I have said it, the LS1 are doing it with similar comdo (as above) and are running those #s (actually more) with just heads and cams and some minor bolt ons.

Good luck and email if u have questions. I am doing a similar project in the next 4 or so months.

------------------
TFS heads, Holley intake, AFM B-2 cam, 77mm MAF, 65mmTB, Bassani X-pipe with cats and Autologic custom chip. NOS dry kit, 80hp shot just installed.
Black SN95
13.8 @105mph NA
13.2 @112mph 80hp NOS
Wet track, running on NOS setting on NA runs (pig rich and 8 deg timing)