MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #1
Notchback5.0L
Registered Member

Default smog question!!!

Hi there, I own a 1991 mustang lx 5.0 coupe, when I bought the car the previous owner removed the cats and the hose from the smog pump to the cats but there is still the hose from the smog pump to the smog pipe that goes to the back of the engine, along with the hose that is still connected there is a second little hose about 4 inches or so connected to it that goes straight down and that little hose connects to nothing, all it does is blow air out, and the air it blows out got really annoying because the air would make a loud sputtering noise.
So what I did was I capped off all off the tubes coming out of the smog pump so no air could escape, I did this because I haven't found time to completely remove all of the smog stuff. Anyway my question is that by capping off the hoses could anything be damaged by doing this, is it bad for anything at all.

Thanks
Glenn
Notchback5.0L is offline   Reply With Quote