MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2003, 12:21 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default A Few Questions....

Okay, so there is a chance my 1979 Mustang Pace Car may be staying. It's not sorted out yet, but I hope by the end of May I know abit more of what's going on with it. I should be getting my 999 Report back from Ford in 2 weeks, so that'll give alot more indication of what is happening with it.

But I want to put together a plan if I don't get my money back. The body is solid. The trany needs some work, so I'm debating in throwing a new tranny from a 5.0L and put a B&M Shifter in it.

But besides that, my 302 is as weak as a Honda Civic. It has probably no more the 150hp. It has new exhaust so I'm just going to leave that for now.

My uncle has 302-4bbl Intake that I can have so I'm thinking of throwing that on for the time being, the Carb is shot, and it's a POS. So what is everyones opinion on a new carb? I was debating between a Holley 600 Double Pump, or the Holley 650. Or maybe even Edelbrock Carbs. Although, I havn't heard much about them. So what's everyone's opinion on that.

Also another thing I want to do is a new set of heads.... what does everyone suggest? I don't want to go absolutely crazy on this, and spend tons of cash. But I would like a pretty agressive car. What does everyone suggest?

Anyone know any websites that sell performance parts as a reasonable price? I just want to get prices for now. I'll probably do some of the work myself, but I'd probably have a shop do my heads as I dont' have much room to do all this work, nor the knowledge.

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote