MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2001, 03:50 PM   #1
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Post EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS SUCKS

I am furious. I purchased a motor from Excessive Motorsports in Blue Springs, MO this spring. It was a GT-40p headed motor with a TFS stage 1 cam and the heads had a "stage 2" port that was advertised to make 325 HP. I had HPMotorsport here in Omaha install the motor in my stang (they also threw on a set of 1.6 RRs).

After I got my car back I could tell it wasn't making anywhere near 325 HP. I took it to the dyno and showed that I was making about 260 peak-power (not RWHP) at 4500 RPM. We had to turn the fuel-pressure down to 28 psi and it still ran super rich. Back to the drawing board.

My dyno-guy recommended I put the stock 19# injectors back on. I also determined that the valve springs may be inadequate. Excessive Motorsport left the stock Explorer valve springs on a motor they put a high-performance cam in (talk about stupid). I went back to the dyno and got the exact same results. 260 peak power at 4500 RPMs. Again we had to turn the fuel pressure down to 28 psi with the stock injectors (WTF?). Back to the drawing board.

The only thing I could think of was that the valves weren't opening at the right time. I took my stang back to HPM yesterday to have them check the cam. They pulled all of the front accessories and low and behold the cam was off by a tooth.

The good news is that my car now makes tons of upper-RPM power. I am so happy to have my car running again. It is strong and I will be whooping some @ss!!!

The bad news.... Excessive Motorsport won't do a d@mn thing to reimburse me. I was dealing with a guy there named Brett, but he is leaving the company in the next couple of weeks and they won't let me speak with him. The prick that I was talking to had the balls to tell me that he was looking at my history and this appears to be the first time I've contacted him about this. I've contacted these a-holes at least 3 times and I've got the long-distance bills to prove it. He also had the balls to tell me that they don't warranty their high-performance motors. They don't even guarantee that the f$ck-wad who puts the cam in knows his @sshole from his elbow. He was very rude and condescending throughout our conversation.

KC is only 3 hours from Omaha and I may just end up taking a little road trip one of these days. I've got about $900 dollars in dyno/labor racked up over the last 3 months that I shouldn't have had to incur. I may have to take it out of someone's @ss down there. I'm sure it will make the news!

I would recommend that no one give this company any business. I hope you all will recommend the same for others.

Unfortunately, my problems don't seem too bad in light of today's tragedy (the World-Trade Center catastrophe).

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote