MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-06-2001, 10:49 PM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Post Order screw up!!

i ordered a Mac H pipe from The Power Source and i got my package to day..i carryed it to a room i keep my car crap in and thought to myself.."man...this is pretty heavy for a H pipe" i open the box to fine long tube headers!! WTF...they charged me $148 for a H pipe only to send me a pair of $220 headers...so ill call them tomarrow and see what they say...

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers and Cat-back

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,FMS 9mm wires
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:37 AM   #2
DemonGT
Registered Member

i know i shouldnt have to pay shiping..but what exactly should i expect..how do i not payshiping?

------------------
'91 GT,91K,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers and Cat-back

Old 03-07-2001, 12:50 AM   #3
Piston
Registered Member

This looks like you made some money there. But Yeah I wouldn't pay shipping for the new part and to ship that one back. I would get their fed-ex and ups accounts and ship it on them.

I know summit will credit it shipping they took some of my parts back after 4 months. That's why I don't mind paying the extra buck from them at times.
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 01:03 AM   #4
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

DOH

I hate it when that happens, you feel MUCH worse when the customer calls you to tell you
how much of an idiot you are for shipping the wrong thing

You can only charge the shipping for the way back. If they used a parcel company send the package freight collect. Tell them to pay the shipping for the new part back to you. You can always ask, if they say no, I would just drop it.

Good luck!

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
LOTS OF PRODUCTS, AWESOME PRICES! Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 02:23 AM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Don't send them back!!!
You'd be better off not having to deal with the shipping and such from them as you are more than likely going to have to pay. If you can wait on your H-pipe sell the headers and make some extra cash and you'll come out ahead for sure =)

------------------
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:12 AM   #6
y2kcobrar
Registered Member

This what we would do in a case like this. We would issue a call tag for UPS to pick the part up. That way you don't have to do anything but have the part ready to be picked up. Also we would not charge again for shipping the correct part.
http://www.gefracing.com
y2kcobrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 02:04 PM   #7
DemonGT
Registered Member

yes i know i could make money but i feel its the right thing to do...plus some where along the line there going to wonder where a set of headers went...what if i sell them and they call me up and are like "yea wheres are headers"....plus..who the hell would i sell them to...only guy in town with a stang like mine has BBK long tubes on his

------------------

Old 03-07-2001, 03:21 PM   #8
DemonGT
Registered Member

called'em....i have to put them out for the UPS guy to pick up at the first of the week

------------------