MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2001, 11:34 AM   #1
salcmc
Registered Member

Cool Low cost rebuild.

I'm currently in the process of detailing the engine and bay area of my 65 coup. The motor is a standard 289 w/c-4 trans. I've removed the motor and transmission for detailing. I've removed the heads,intake man-ifold and oilpan. I would realy like to build up this motor but can't afford to. My plan is to rebuild the motor I currently have. This is my 1st motor rebuild, and I would like to do it right. Someone has aready suggested that I do certain things to the engine in order for it to run well on Unleaded gas. What was he talking about? I need the advice of an expert with regards to what should be done to this motor(such as;rings, pistons, borings and other related machining)before I put it all back together. Perhaps there is a publication or book that could guild me step by step on this rebuild? Any and all guidence would be greatly apprieciated.
salcmc is offline   Reply With Quote