MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2001, 01:09 PM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Question Do you think I'll have her done in time?

Check these pics out.

I have a week and 4 days to get it back together, tuned, and broke in before our big race on April 14th. My heads will be done Thursday or Friday and I will probably have them back on Saturday. I hope I don't run into any more problems because it's been one thing after another.

How many miles do I need to put on it before really seeing what she's got? The bottom end wasn't touched so it was just head work and a cam for the most part.

Here's the mods:

• 76mm C&L MAF
• 24lb SVO injectors
• Walbo 190lph fuel pump
• 70mm Accufab TB
• MAC cold air kit
• K&N air filter
• GT-40 intake
• Ported stock ET7E heads - 3 angle valve job - shaved .030
• F303 cam
• 1.6 roller rockers
• Crane valve springs
• MAC 1 5/8" long tube headers
• MAC 2 1/2" Pro Chamber
• MAC 2 1/2" cat back with chrome tips
• Underdrive pullies
• MSD Blaster coil
• Taylor Spiro Pro plug wires
• Taylor battery box in trunk
• 130 amp 3G alternator
• Stewart High volume water pump
• Heavy duty radiator
• Ford 5300C Springs
• Koni Sport Yellow struts and shocks
• BBK caster/camber plates
• 16" Cobra R rims
• 225/50ZR16 Dunlop SP Sport 8000 tires
• Pro 5.0 shifter
• Custom made shifter cover and knob
• Aluminum foot pedals
• MAC white face gauge overlay
• KSR white face A/C control overlay

All the engine stuff is new. It was stock 3 weeks ago.

------------------
ICQ# 42269241
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 04-03-2001).]
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 02:15 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Come on Kevin you are more then 3/4 of the way ahead of me and I plan on having mine done on the 20th All joking aside, the cam needs 15 mins or so of proper breakin to be ready, I would try to get some miles on the combo to make sure all the bugs are worked out before really letting loose on it. I would rather miss the race then break some parts We have our first 5.0 Shoot out at the local track here on Mya 5th and I don't plan on running yet.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 02:42 PM   #3
mustang17
Registered Member

Holy crap! You did a TON of mods in such a short time. Looks like a real solid combo.

I agree with Rick, don't rush to get to the track. With all the time you spent, might as well make sure everything done properly. I mean, what's one more week.

Let us know what you run when you get to the track.

------------------
1995 GT Black- Edelbrock 6037's,Edelbrock,proformrintake,Edelbrock cam,70mm TB,75mm pro-m,Taylor wires, pulleys,Equal length headers,K&N filter
Flowmaster,3.73's, Eibach pro rate springs
lower control arms Centerforce clutch
New motor in the works!
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:14 AM   #4
88GT5.013.02

I plan on having my buddy's car ready by this weekend and the short block is sitting on the engine stand still. Well, that is what I plan on, but my girlfriend and his wife say we spend too much time in the garage. Too bad they don't understand it will be done soon and we can all relax when it is.

I have faith in you grasshopper.

Jason
Old 04-04-2001, 12:28 AM   #5
WADS56
gear banger

Thumbs up

If you get the heads by Saturday you can do it easy.
Good luck.

------------------
Blown 347 W/Canfield heads, solid roller cam, track times this spring mid 10's or bust

93lx 5.0 daily driver
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:52 AM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I realize I shouldn't rush it, but my brother and I have put together this big "event" and have over 65 cars coming already. I don't want to miss something I helped organize. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I don't have any more trouble.

------------------
ICQ# 42269241
Buy your parts here
Old 04-04-2001, 02:35 AM   #7
stangsrule
Registered Member

Talking

Hey Kevin, last time I had installed a BRAND NEW shortblock the weekend before and had maybe 50 miles on it before I went up to the track! And if it hadn't been for that darn flex fan I would have had some decent runs... Auto Specilaties says that they often finish up a brand new motor on saturday morning, throw it on the dyno then go racing that night. As long as you get it done in time to put a few "shake down" miles on it before hand you should be alright.

------------------
92GT all the free stuff and a few bolt-ons, lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, etc.
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:40 AM   #8
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

You're not seeing the rest of the car though =p

I have the instrument cluster ripped out still and an trying to figure out where to route the battery cable from the hatch and am having a little trouble. I also have to make a butterfly for my Explorer throttle body and adapt my linkage to it. Plus I have to finish the new mount for my battery because the one that came in the Taylor kit won't fit my battery. Work, work, work. I need some help.

------------------
ICQ# 42269241
Buy your parts here