MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

Default Lentech Valve Body Owners: Where did you mount the O/D delete switch?

I have a 93 LX and I have an aftermarket radio plate thingy. I mounted an on/off toggle switch on the block-out plate below the radio. Where have all of you guys mounted yours? Any pictures?
Thanks,
Adam

For Sale!!!! - Brand new Paxton Novi 2000 Kit for 86-93 Mustangs.
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:16 AM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I also thought about using the face plate below my CD receiver, but I've decided to mount the switch on the cover plate of the shifter. There is plenty of room on the passenger side of the plate, and it is easily removed in order to drill the hole for the switch. Also, I plan on simply drilling into the transmission tunnel near the shifter so I have less wire to route.

I'm installing the vb this weekend, and I'll take plenty of pictures and eventually put a write up on my website. I'm using a simple black rocker switch with a black mount-housing which has a small red light that comes on when switched on. Thus, red light = no OD .

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:49 AM   #3
Jeff Chambers

I made a nice closure panel to cover the old shifter opening in the console and placed both the lock-up and O/D switches there. I wanted the switches (lock-up mainly) to be real close to the shifter so that I could activate them quickly during a race without having to really stretch to reach them. There's not much leaning forward when you're strapped in by a 5-pt harness. Don't have a picture handy though.
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 08:42 PM   #4
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

The reason I was asking is because at first, I was going to use the new style mustang (99 and up) Shifter and Bezel. I bought it, It fit pretty nicely, the selector showed the correct gears (ie, P,R,N,D,2,1,) instead of the (P,R,N,OD,D,L). I was going to wire the O/D delete to the switch on the shifter knob until I found out that the switch is only a momentary switch and not a dedicated on/off switch. the newer ones run through a module to turn it on/off. Too much work / money to make it worth it. So, I went back to the factory setup which actually, I like better anyways. I think most people when they see an AOD in a mustang they think it is a turd. I have suprised alot of people with my heavy convertible!

For Sale!!!! - Brand new Paxton Novi 2000 Kit for 86-93 Mustangs.
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:33 AM   #5
DaveR_GT
Registered Member

Sorry for the big pic, but if you look you can see where I have my switch mounted on the shifter plate. This is a B&M shifter plate though. I don't know if there is enough room to do this with stock shifter.
DaveR_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 03:33 PM   #6
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Hard to see on this crappy monitor up here at the school, but it looks like you have it just on the driver's side of the shifter?

That's where I'd like to mount mine, but I don't think I will have enough room on the stock cover plate and shifter.

Nice interior, by the way.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote