MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-04-2002, 12:50 PM   #21
Sonics2042
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by QKHORSE

Well no offence but that was your car not mine. Maybe u didn't tune your car like i did. Not my problem you didn't feel any gain from yours. Man it's only three tenths of a second, so whats your problem. lots of people add intakes to increase more air flow to the stock heads. And i not saying that you'll get the full potential out of the intake since the intake ports are smaller on the stock heads compared to the new intake. if you still don't believe look at the mph i had before compared to with the trickflow intake.
stock 98mph 1/4
trickflow 100-101mph 1/4

say what you want but my numbers from the track don't lie. so stop saying i'm lying
I lost 4 tenths with cam, headers, and upper and lower intake. I don't think that was all lost from the cam and header. And same track with same conditions...and I still have an Auto, so it wasn't my driving

Thanks,
DoranW
[MAC Cold Air Intake]-[BBK Equal Shorties]
[3.55 Gears]-[Cobra Intake Manifold (Upper and Lower]
[E-303 Cam]-[Granetelli Mass Air Flow Sensor]
[Front and rear sway bars]-[New black carpet and seats.]
[Adjustable Fuel Regulator]-[T5 Conversion w/ K. Cobra Clutch/Hurst STS]
[Cobra Throttle Body]-[130A Alt. Conversion]

Thinking about:
Aftermarket Heads!
Vortech A-Trim
Sonics2042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 11:22 PM   #22
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs down

Quote:
Well no offence but that was your car not mine. Maybe u didn't tune your car like i did. Not my problem you didn't feel any gain from yours. Man it's only three tenths of a second, so whats your problem. lots of people add intakes to increase more air flow to the stock heads. And i not saying that you'll get the full potential out of the intake since the intake ports are smaller on the stock heads compared to the new intake. if you still don't believe look at the mph i had before compared to with the trickflow intake.
I didn't tune my car like you did? LMFAO! Yeah all that tuning with swapping an intake must have REALLY helped. I didn't say it was your problem, now did I? ONLY 3 TENTHS OF A SECOND? LMFAO! You must not be a hardcore drag-racer? Or even an avid one if you say that? You don't pick up 3 tenths with an intake on a stock motor, I'm sorry.

Quote:
1bad89, you always cotradict what people say, im not saying you should agree, and give false information, but just because something didnt work for you, or you "ben there done that" doesnt mean it wont for someone else, didnt you sell your car? why do you linger around? to offer your knowledge? great I know of a guy that traps over 100 mph with just an edelbrock intake, and pullies, gears, nothing else done, he could barely hit 97 mph at 14.4's before, so the extra air the engine takes in can be good for a couple mph, maybe not 3, but some kind of gain dont you think?
No just stupid people. And I said been there done that, no ben there done that, so ******* get it right if your going to quote me. Yes I sold one of my cars, wtf is it to you? You have no idea what cars I have or work on, you only think you know by what is in my sig., and even if I didn't have a car at all, I'd still hang around, so your statement is lame. I also don't give a rat's *** if you wonder why I linger around or not, I'm here rather you like it or not. There are many people that don't have a stang on this board that are on here, so I don't see what you deal is, and by the way assfuck, I do have a stang. Kinda bent yourself over on that one by yourself. All I said is a aftermarket intake on stock heads, YOU WILL NOT GAIN 3 TENTHS. That's all I said. I could really give a **** less about your lil buddy running 14.4's also. Good luck on your longtubes.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 12:04 AM   #23
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea *** suck, i didnt think the typo error was worth me even wasting my time with an edit, BFD, please man! i knew you would have some kind of stupid comeback about the typo error, you are an ******, so go ahead and type another autopbiography about all the cars you own, I still wont care?

So tell everyone how they are wasting money on mods, because you "been there done that" I posted about how its cool you offer your knowledge, but you have to get smart and quote them like a prickkk, like "come on" ever since I been here you have been like that, so go on with yourself boy please...im threw with a cheesy intake thread.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph

Last edited by Coupe5oh; 05-05-2002 at 10:27 AM..
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 12:27 AM   #24
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

here we go again

guys, do us a favor and either grow up, or stop filling these threads with your "I'm right and you're not" crap
Old 05-05-2002, 01:00 AM   #25
SkadonyaCA
Registered Member

Default Please

Hey, thanks to all the helpful information guys. Could you stop arguing though? Its really really unattractive. You haven't driven each others cars and really have no right to smash each other. Everyone has a different experience.
Ford racing springs; KYB gas adjust shocks/struts; Intake (undecided); Approx. 12 degree timing; GT-40 P heads (ported); GT-40 P headers (ported); Cobra Rockers; 65 mm Throttle body; EGR spacer; 80 mm Lightning MAF; 3.55 Ford Racing Gears; CustomChip; B&M high stall torque converter; tranny cooler; fuel pressure regulator and gauge; 175 Amp Alternator; 2000 watt Audiobahn/panasonic soundsystem; CD w/Changer, 2 - 10" Aluminum Subs; audiobahn 1 farad capacitor; Dual Cut-outs just past the primary Cats; MAC cold air induction; Reverse Indiglo guages; 9mm Wires; Window tint; underdrive pulleys
_ ___________________ _
2001 Silver GT Convert. Automatic Black top
SkadonyaCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:14 AM   #26
bosco
Registered Member

I agree, the arguing needs to stop. This site is set up for mustang owners talk to other mustang owners, learn and help each other out with problems, just look at the top of the computer screen, above you see "The Mustang Message Board > Ford Tech > Windsor Power ......." I personaly think this is pathetic. I dont visit this site too often anymore, but it seems most everytime I do, all people want to do is argue about what other people have or dont have, or what times they ran or didnt run, then that turns into, you cant even spell, or didnt use correct punctuation. SkadonyaCA started this thread to get peoples OPINION, and on intakes, not each other, maybe we need to go back and read the very first post again and get back on topic. I also am intrested in peoples opinions on different intakes. Im in the same boat as SkadonyaCA in a way, also looking for an intake for my car. Different people are going to have different expirences, the point is to get a basic idea and form your own opinion. Now go ahead and flame me all you want, but seriously, what is the point? do you get any self-satisfaction out of it? and by the way, this is not directed at any one person, Im not taking sides.
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:20 AM   #27
bosco
Registered Member

On another note, I also am looking for an intake for my combo. Its a carb set up right now but I will be swapping to EFI soon. Ive been leaning tward the Trick Flow, probably the street intake. I havent heard anything bad about it yet, Ive heard alot of positive expriences with it, but im not at the point of purchase yet so I have some time to think about it and gather other peoples opinions and experiences
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 10:25 AM   #28
Sonics2042
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bosco
On another note, I also am looking for an intake for my combo. Its a carb set up right now but I will be swapping to EFI soon. Ive been leaning tward the Trick Flow, probably the street intake. I havent heard anything bad about it yet, Ive heard alot of positive expriences with it, but im not at the point of purchase yet so I have some time to think about it and gather other peoples opinions and experiences
TrickFlow is one of the best intakes out there, but some people think they are ugly. I don't think they look that bad, but that's just about the only bad thing I have heard about them.

Thanks,
DoranW
[MAC Cold Air Intake]-[BBK Equal Shorties]
[3.55 Gears]-[Cobra Intake Manifold (Upper and Lower]
[E-303 Cam]-[Granetelli Mass Air Flow Sensor]
[Front and rear sway bars]-[New black carpet and seats.]
[Adjustable Fuel Regulator]-[T5 Conversion w/ K. Cobra Clutch/Hurst STS]
[Cobra Throttle Body]-[130A Alt. Conversion]

Thinking about:
Aftermarket Heads!
Vortech A-Trim
Sonics2042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #29
No Groc Getter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89
You didn't knock off three tenths with the addition of an intake on stock heads. It was eitehr your driving or track conditions. I had the Street heat intake with stock heads and I felt NO gain what-so-ever, been there done that. There is no way in hell, so "come on".
Here is some more food for thought:

This thread prompted me to dig out some old mag issues looking for the old Edelbrock ad that claimed 37 additional hp from their Performer intake. (Well, I found it. Next problem is getting this cleaned up before my wife gets home. I've got enough old magazines on the floor for a foot tall stack for every crapper between LA and New York)

In the 8/96 MM&FF page 59 Edelbrocks advertisement reads that they gained 37 hp on a stock engine with a Performer Intake 70mm TB, an EGR plate and exhaust. That was on stock heads.

Will that make 3 tenths and 3 MPH difference? I think so. I know the intake was not an Edelbrock, the example just serves as a reference. Congrats on the 13.9.

As for which intake to run, I like the Holley II.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:10 PM   #30
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Default Ricer math....ahhhh.

No hard feelings or anything, but you shouldn't believe what mag's quote. There is no way anyone would pick up 37hp by just bolting on an intake to a stock headed, stock motor. If it were true, my bolt on stang would of had 710hp.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:27 PM   #31
briand
Registered Member

Default no prob believing

i agree with 1bad89 when he states that the edelbrock intake by itself will not give you 37 hp by itself. Maybe with heads, exhaust, tb, and so on...... it will net out 37 hp. but i don't have a problem believing that a intake will drop 3 tenths of a sec. I have no problem believing because i experienced it myself. Before i put my heads on i knew i was going to change the intake so i went ahead and purchased the cobra intake and put it on with the stock heads. I did have the exhaust already done, and gears and so on. So i thougt well since i have air going out pretty good, it couldn't hurt. So i put it on and went from a 14.80 to a 14.50. My mph went from i think from 95 to 97. I don't believe the hp from the intake did it by itself. I believe it was super ford who did a test on all intakes and found that the cobra, edelbrock performer and maybe the gt-40 gave more cfm's per inch which made it a more efficient intake and it flowed more air. So i believe that not only the added flow but the more cfm i got at lower rpm made the difference. Its kind of like extrude honing a stock intake. the bores don't increase much but effiency of the intake is increased to give more performance. maybe this sounds like a bunch of bull krap but i know it did help my car.
GT-40X heads(58cc), Cobra upper and lower, 75 mm Bullet, Moroso fenderwell induction, FRPP 65mm TB, 24# injectors, black magic electric fan, phenolic spacer, 1.7 crane cobra roller rockers, crane 2031, BBK 1 5/8 equal length hearders, 2.5 inch off road pipe, 2.5 flowmaster catback, FMS 3.55 gears, T5-Z transmission, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, svo heavy duty clutch, mcleod bullet proff bellhousing, BBK adjustable cluth quadrant, hurst billet shifter, lakewood subframes, BBK strut tower brace, BBK 2pt lower cross bar, FMS 190 lph fuel pump, crane ps91 coil, FMS street pulleys, and 300+ race wires. All thanks goes to my wife sheri, jason, jeff, robby, my dad and all others you helped contribute. most importantly GOD!!!
briand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 04:24 PM   #32
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I too will be looking for an intake soon. I think the most important thing to consider is the total package, "where do you want to be in the end."

I have heard many good things about the Cobra/GT40/Explorer intakes. I've also heard that most people who change to the TFS or Holley intakes AFTER the Cobra intake are very impressed with the TFS and Holley in comparision.

So, I'd first pick an intake with characteristics that meet your needs, then pick the right intake.

Also, the bickering that has been going on lately is getting real old, real fast.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote