MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-14-2002, 03:47 PM   #1
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Default New Exhaust, H-pipe back. Help!!

I gotta replace my exhaust. Whoever had the car before me put some exhaust on there that I am not sure exactly what brand it is. Whatever it is, it started to rust and I found a few holes in it today while I was under there. I know my pony has the stock H-pipe on there and that has to go too.

I was thinking about going with the BBK off road H-pipe. I've heard some bad things about the mac like they rust easily so I'll throw down the extra for the BBK.

I was wondering what cat-back system I should go with. I was thinking about going with Dynomax because I don't want flowmaster because everyone has them.

Any suggestions. And please, if you have the info, I would like specific models and approximate prices, but no big deal if you don't know, I can find that out myself.

Thanks alot
Mostly stock(looking to modify)

Rice Haters Club Member #63
SCOTTLT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 04:32 PM   #2
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

dynomax ultra flow mufflers are really quiet, itll sound damn near stock, i had a bbk x pipe on my 89 and loved it i would go with the bbk over the mac also, i would go with mac headers though, i havent had any problems with those

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 04:46 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

I don't have any experience with the BBK h-pipe, but I do have the dynomax ultra flo mufflers. I run them because turbo's don't like chambered mufflers like the flowmasters. As far as sounding near stock, maybe if you ran them behind some cats, but on mine (no cats), their fairly noticeable under normal driving, under WOT their fairly loud. I've always run flowmasters and I'm still trying to get use to the different sound of the ultra flos. I'm running a mac passenger side header and other than have to heat and bend my crossover pipe to get it to seal correctly with the header, it's held up pretty good so far. I have heard plenty of bad stuff about mac lately, so if I were buying new stuff right now, I would probably stay away from them as well.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
SCOTTLT79
Registered Member

Default Loud

Well, I do want great sound if I'm gonna spend the money and I do plan on going with the off road. I'm not sure about the H or X but what cat-back system should I go with to match the BBK H or X to give me some great sound. And I looked into Borla, no way can I afford that cat back system.
Mostly stock(looking to modify)

Rice Haters Club Member #63
SCOTTLT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 09:46 PM   #5
VeNuM
Registered Member

Dynomax's super turbo mufflers are also a good choice. I have an o/r h-pipe and love the sound of that, I was told h-pipe's are slightly deeper than x-pipe's.

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #6
1hot5.0
Registered Member

A really nice sounding combo is 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers and a bassani x pipe with or without cats. Without cats, it is louder, and the obvious..... Your car will not be emissions legal.
1hot5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote