MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-04-2002, 02:42 PM   #21
SlowGT
Registered Member

Relax Dude.

IMHO = 'in my humble opinion'

Peace.

New Slow GT--> under construction

Latest Addition: 95 Cobra R, #73, bone stock, ~6100 miles.
SlowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 02:05 PM   #22
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up exhaust parts

well I can see where you are coming from to a degree WheelsUp,but from front to back is pretty hard,I can see what you are saying about this company's headers and h or x pipe,but mufflers is an entirely different story,for example I have never seen a Flowmaster header.

I like the quality of BBK now known as Brother's Ilike their long tubes a lot better than I do their short tubes,it is all a tossup as far as who you like.

My vote is for the BBK headers.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 04:44 PM   #23
mysweetlx
Registered Member

I've got MAC Lt's, they've lasted a year now w/ no flaking whatsoever....they still look brand new. But, fitment is another issue.......they suck. They rub against the steering rack on the driverside. I'd go w/ BBK if/when I do it again!
Old 08-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #24
mikew88gt
Registered Member

MAC's are ok as far as wear over a period of years. I've had mine on since 1994. They have 'blued' from the heat but the nickle coating still held up. The problem with a multiflange header is that they just don't line up very well. I'm a strong guy and if I have to pull them off for maintenance and re-install them I have to really work at it. The passenger side header on my '88 has one flange that is off by almost 3/4's of a hole. If I had to buy headers again, which I will next year, I'll buy the BBK's for the single header flange alone.

As far as mixing and matching parts, I've had to "customized" to get my MAC H-pipe to fit my MAC headers and Force II exhaust. Hence the saying, "There is no such thing as a bolt-on part".

My 1988 Mustang GT
mikew88gt is offline   Reply With Quote