MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #1
oneba87lx
Registered Member

Default Best NOS system

I am considering adding nitrous, but I would like some advice on which system is the best.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:28 AM   #2
zepherman
Registered Member

there are pros and cons to every setup. What size shot are you wanting to run? 150hp and lower i would use a dry kit any higher and a wet kit would probably be safer. It also depends on what kid of money you are looking at spending. There are all kinds of kits in a broad price range. If you are going somewhere around 100, 125, i would get a dry kit with the single nozzle that goes into the intake tube and a full throttle switch. I also like the plate kit that has a spray plate that goes between the upper and lower intakes, its a wet kit for 150+ applications i think.

Hope this helps
90 GT 25th Anni. Did the AOD to T-5 swap, SPEC clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, BBK 2½ inch off-road H pipe, Flows, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft, 3.55's, welded subframes, Ram Air, 3 core radiator, NOS dry kit 75 shot, and a K&N filter.

12.9 @ 108
zepherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 01:50 AM   #3
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

The Best NOS system is the pro fogger setup, I believe ...you could also go with their efi plate kit that goes between the upper and lower intakes... the dry kits are for beginners and don't hit quite as hard as a wet kit rated at the same h.p.

BUT...

You could always give Nitrous Express a try...

Their single nozzle efi kit is simple and rocks! They make some really good stuff, IMHO.

Run an MSD window switch w/ your nitrous system... for an added bit of security.

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:40 AM   #4
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

A word of advice....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg naawws.jpg (40.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 08-08-2002, 06:54 AM   #5
Conman
Registered Member

Default hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I loved the fast and the furious
watching the movie was good entertainment worth a few laughs and it's even funnier now

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #6
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

...and a chrome NOS bottle is worth a full second over the standard blue bottle. Just be careful running two nitrous bottles at once or you'll have "enough naws to blow yourself up" and your pop riveted floor pan will break away on the top end blast

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 07:24 AM   #7
rppngears
Registered Member

Hey, I have a question. In the Fast and Furious, would the eclipse really have blown up because of the nos like it did? I know nos is not flammable, but it does feed oxygen to the fire. So I would think if you have two large tanks of an extremely compressed oxygen containing chemical, it would cause a result such as the one in F&F.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:23 PM   #8
zepherman
Registered Member

I dont think so. Nitrous is a NON flamable gas, it will only aid combustion when its compressed. kinda like diesel, it has to be compressed to be ignited by an open flame. If the bottle is exosed to open flame the bottle pressure will just rise until the bottle explodes from the internal presure, but the bottle exploding would be more likey to put the fire out than make it worse.
90 GT 25th Anni. Did the AOD to T-5 swap, SPEC clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, BBK 2½ inch off-road H pipe, Flows, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, Ford Racing aluminim driveshaft, 3.55's, welded subframes, Ram Air, 3 core radiator, NOS dry kit 75 shot, and a K&N filter.

12.9 @ 108
zepherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 07:38 PM   #9
mysweetlx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ultraflo

...and a chrome NOS bottle is worth a full second over the standard blue bottle. Just be careful running two nitrous bottles at once or you'll have "enough naws to blow yourself up" and your pop riveted floor pan will break away on the top end blast
LOL. Yeah, but at least after the floor board flies off, you melt your intake, and everything else goes to ****....... you'll still be able to drive home (better yet - outrun the cops)

NX makes nice kits, as well as NOS. I know a few guys on this site (like Skyman) use a Nitrous Works set up too.