MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-15-2002, 06:44 PM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default xpipe and air pump tube

Well my new mac x pipe w/o cats doesnt line up at all with the pipe that runs back to my air pump. What would be the best way to block this off? IF i block off the air pump will my air pump go bad from being pluged? I want go get this thing back together but this damn air tube is pissing me off. I dont dare try to bend it to make it fit...if i broke or bent it, a new one costs over $80 from ford.
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 06:49 PM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

Remove the air pump, tubing, plumbing, vacuum lines, valves, etc... Just get rid of the entire air pump system. Put some plugs in the back of the heads, then take your car to someone with a welder and tell them to weld the x-pipe air pump tube closed.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
scale
Registered Member

well i was hoping to leave it mostly in tact in case i ever get tested. Then i can throw my old h pipe back on and pass with flying colors. I just cant get this %&$%^ing tube to go onto the xpipe. I dont know why mac didnt make one that actually lines up with the stock parts...
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:03 PM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "not lining up". You are using the rubber hose that came with the pipe, right?
Old 08-15-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
scale
Registered Member

Default hmmm

well no...i didnt get anything with my pipe. just the pipe and the studs. I was under the impression i was suppose to just be able to hook my stock metal pipe up to it.

IS there suppose to be a hose?
Old 08-15-2002, 11:40 PM   #6
grant66
Registered Member

Default Car quest Auto parts

I bought a set up from car quest that has the hose that I needed. It was over 40 dollars. It came with extra hoses that I didn't need. If I were to do it again. I would go and to carquest and and order the high temperature hose with the right diameter and a foot long. I also would buy 3 hose clamps.
I left the smog pump in because Denver has emissions testing. I might move there, but I will need to weld in some cats. I hear it is hard to find cats that will fit it the rearward of the Mac X-pipe.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:48 PM   #7
drtbiker
Registered Member

yeah i got fire resistant silcone tubing from midas and put it over the medal piping from the air pump to the tube on my h-pipe very easy to swap being rubber i also cut the pipe and put another silcone tube a little bit higher up so that it would be more flexable so it wouldnt break.....
thats just my .02

take care
rl
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 01:39 AM   #8
jimberg
Registered Member

There should have been a hose. My high-flow cat h-pipe and off-road x-pipe both came with one. Measure the outside diameter of the air tube and get a high temp silicone hose with a matching inside diameter and two hose clamps.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:19 PM   #9
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

The hose you need should be 3/4" I.D. Buy about two or three feet, just to have extras. The one that came with my Bassani o/r x pipe, melted in half. I thought I had blown a gasket or something, becaule of the horrible sound it produced. I think I paid about $3 or $4 for for 3 1.2 ft of hose.
Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #10
scale
Registered Member

well i went to carquest today and they had the blue silicon tubing. I have heard the green stuff is the best. THey only had about 2 feet of it which he wanted $17 for. I didnt thing that was a good deal at all> i ended up buying the kit but after further close examination that isnt going to work either. My stock tube runs past the fitting for the xpipe so i am going to have to loop back to get the proper connection. I should have bought the hose i guess. I ended up trying to find more hose but Napa doesnt carry it and checker is a bunch of #%#&%^ing idiots. I guess ill have to keep looking. I dont wanna cut my stock one incase i ever want to put my stock h back on for testing. Ford wants like $100 for this tube and i cant find any at the local junk yards around here. I am thinking maybe i can make something out of copper tubing or somthing. I emailed Mac and they dont ship with any sort of hoses at all....so i guess i am screwed until i fgure this out. I may not get my car out this year after all.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:24 PM   #11
jimberg
Registered Member

Do you have access to a digital camera that you can post a picture? This shouldn't be that big a deal. Even if you cut the tube you can use tubing to fix it. I'm having a real hard time visualizing what your problem is.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:31 PM   #12
scale
Registered Member

ill see if i can borrow the one from work this next weekend and i will post it. Thanks for your help