MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2002, 07:35 AM   #1
rppngears
Registered Member

Post Tune up

I am going back to college next week and before I go I want to do a good in depth tune up. What should I do besides the obvious oil change, spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap and clean K&N. My car has 150k miles on it.

Also, what is the best way to jack up the back of the car. Putting the jack on one side of the car at a time and then using jack stands. Or putting the jack under the differential and jacking it up from the center, then again using jack stands on the chasis.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Jack it up from the pumpkin, and put the stands under the axle, close to the wheels.

You got the basics for a tune up. You might also want to change the fluids in the tranny and diff, and check your belts and hoses.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 10:16 AM   #3
rppngears
Registered Member

Default tune up

Well I'm trying to put on some new tailpipes, so I need to put the jackstands under the chasis, but I can still jack it up from the pumpkin.

As far as the tune up, what about checking my egr valve and any particular vacuum lines. My car idles rough until it is warmed up. I would like to fix this if it is not too difficult.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

don't forget fuel filter also, pcv valve. def. check vac lines and coolant hoses

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote