MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2002, 02:59 PM   #21
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

88-93's look similar I agree, but how does a 94 look similar? Nobody has said anything about getting a 94 convertible, which I think is the best(though I could be biased). Getting a decent one is out of your price range though.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #22
ndrusnt
Registered Member

i'm actually in newyork (upstate) and our winter wasn't too bad ...although i have another car. i just leave the mustang on the insurance. Also, i think i can say i am the only person who had his convertable out on Christmas eve day this past year.............WITH THE TOP DOWN...i was about to replace it when the season came in, so with 65 degree weather i popped the top and cruised for the day ...LOL i got more looks from people than i knew what to do with. But it was one of those freak winter days, so now i can say i did it....as soon as the 5.0 is in it i don't know what i will do next.
ndrusnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 01:09 PM   #23
marton
Registered Member

I live in Switzerland and my 92 LX convertible auto is just fine in Snow with snow tires. Never ever got stuck.

I was lucky found one with just 4K miles and now I got it up 35K miles.

Good luck

marton
white top & leather, Opal wheels
marton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 05:21 PM   #24
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MadOnion
Should I even ask what you did to it?

Is milage a big concern when buying a 5.0?
I haven't seen any vets with under 60,000 miles on it. Do you think 75k, or even 100+ is safe?

Many also have leather seats, which are always cracked up and down. Is this expensive to fix or replace? I could always replace the front and back with cloth, if it was alot cheaper.....
That is, If I bought a car with leather seats.
I got my 92 LX 5.0 Vert with about 60k on it. I now have 140K and it runs just as good today as it did when I bought it. You could tell the previous owner took good care of it. I have taken good care of it since although I have been known to give it hell once in a while.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:24 PM   #25
Tony Frank
Registered Member

One thing you want to look at when buying a car that age is check the muffler bearings, and look at the blinker fluid if that is low then DO NOT BUY IT. just a few things to look at.

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #26
ndrusnt
Registered Member

OHHHHHHH Tony Frank ...if i had a dollar for everytime some valvoline guy attempted to charge my sister for blinker fluid......i told her everytime, i said SIS......"make sure they fill your blinker fluid , or the cars inspection is invalid...no blinker fluid no inspection ....you know how they are " with which she replies ...." ok ok ...next time i'll get the fluid ....i know it's free......."
BOC.....so anyways...here's a question for you guys.....are all rear ends standard in the mustangs for the years 1986 to 1993, what i mean is when i am done converting the 4 cyl to the 302 8 cyl, will i NEED to change the rear end...{ i know i should change it to possi .....} but will the 4 cyll rear end that i have handle the new/used 302 5.0?????
ndrusnt is offline   Reply With Quote