MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-22-2001, 03:01 AM   #1
PeTr0
Registered Member

Post IL stangers: Street Stuff

I went to Steet Stuff for my 3.55 gear install. I knew they were going to be a little expensive but i heard they do good work and i wanted to make sure everything would work out. I had the appointment and took my car in. They said it would be done by the end of the day. Well, they never even started till the next day. I called numerous times to find out when it would be finished, no service. well finally after the mechanic came back from his 45 min test drive it was done. When i got there the guy said.."that will be $738.00" Whoaaaaaaa i was freaked. They said the bearing where bad and yadda yadda. No one called me to authorize this work what was i to do. I paid all that money for a gear and bad service. I dont know if i would return to them.

------------------
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,firehawk sz50 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
waiting to be installed: 190 lph fuel pump
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
White93Coupe
Registered Member

I can't say that I am suprised. They carry a good assortment of parts (most of which are overpriced), and they have a chassis dyno, but other than that I wouldn't trust them with service work.

A buddy of mine went in for Heads / cam / intake / suspension install and it was a nightmare. When he got his car back from them (after they upped the price on him a few times) it was missing his aluminum driveshaft and they had replaced it with someone's old rusty stock one! They sold him on the track heat intake for $50 more than the Street, then when he got the car back they had installed the Street Heat intake (he had already paid the $50, but they had it in stock so they installed it and didn't say a word!).

It took them over 4 weeks to get it done, and while it did put out over 300 rwhp at the rear wheels there was no "service" after the sale (unless you count a referral to their lawyer for any further communication!).

I'll try to find his posts about it.

White93Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:23 PM   #3
PeTr0
Registered Member

Where is a good shop you recomend??

------------------
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,firehawk sz50 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
waiting to be installed: 190 lph fuel pump
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:33 PM   #4
Lexicon
Registered Member

Do not pay that bill. First you must cofirm the damaged components. Then specify that you will pay for the gear swap and that is it. Then tell them to get in contact with your attorney if they wish to receive additional funds. If they have no signature, which may be too late since you were torched by them and signed the paperwork to hand over you keys; they should not be able to hold you to all of that work. I would report them to your Better Business Bureau, local tv stations. Fight Back Talk Radio with David Horowitz and numerous other "outlets". Or, you can just push a campaign to destroy their image and hit them with the effects of deminishing sales and service request in the old Account Receivable area. Do not put up with this type of service. Also report them to any memberships or organizations that they may list on their paperwork or in their ads. Wage war against that type of highway robbery.

[This message has been edited by Lexicon (edited 06-22-2001).]
Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:45 PM   #5
White93Coupe
Registered Member

Charlie is the owner of the shop, so he should be your first call, but don't expect much. He will probably back Grant / Ron, whoever it is that was dealing with your sale.

Street Stuff has a pretty tarnished reputation around here already when it comes to service, they tend to make their money from those that don't know better or research them first (don't mean any offense!). Do a search on them under corral or stangnet and you'll see what I mean.
White93Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote