MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-01-2002, 02:36 AM   #1
PKRWUD

Default Drtbiker!!!!!!!!!

Damn it man, your PM box is full again!

PLEASE empty it, including your "sent" mailbox, BEFORE you send me a PM. There are maybe 5 things in this world that piss me off more than losing a long reply because someones box was full.

I had written a decent analogy to your question, some of which follows, but the bottom line is that I don't believe your O2 sensors are the problem.

The only thing that absolutely prevents an engine from going into closed loop is the spout plug being removed. When the ECM receives the proper signal from the ECT, it knows that the engine is sufficiently warmed up, and it then starts to ask the other sensors, O2 included, how they are doing, and what's new. It takes into consideration all that the sensors tell him, and then he instructs the devices (IAC solenoid, injectors, ignition, etc) to act accordingly. Then he gets in touch with the sensors again, and checks to see if they feel better now that the devices are doing things, and then takes their information, recalculates it, and further instructs the devices on what to do. This happens a couple times a second, and will continue to until the engine is shut off. While this is happening, the sensors may tell the ECM that something needs to be adjusted further. After he tells the appropriate device to make the necessary changes, he checks back with the sensor that was complaining. If it is still complaining, then the ECM realizes he has a problem, and either the sensor is being a cry baby, or the device is ignoring him. Since he can't do anything more about it, he will make a mental note of the problem. He keeps these notes for up to 100 on/off cycles of the ignition switch. If he gets the same problem twice during this time, he will flash the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp, aka: check engine light) to alert the driver that something isn't right. You then access the ECM, and ask him what was wrong. Since most humans don't understand binary language, he keeps his notes in the form of simple codes.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 03:09 AM   #2
drtbiker
Registered Member

what the hell is going on!!! there is nothing in there
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 03:30 AM   #3
PKRWUD

Have you emptied your SENT box?
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:50 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

you might have some old message there. Check the box marked
"show all messages from" and you might have to go back a ways to see if there are any old message you forgot to delete. I had the same thing and thats what it was.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote