MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-03-2002, 11:31 PM   #1
VeNuM
Registered Member

Default Washer Fluid Light

My washer fluid light will not go off, It was low, I filled it up when some fluid, light never went out Any ideas why and how to fix this? ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Unplug the little light bulb inside your gauge cluster... j/j

The only thing I can think of, is either pull the fuse for the washer motor and plug it back in....or.... unplug your battery for a few min so it will reset all your sensors. If this doesn't help, it might be the actual sensor inside the resovor
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I'm going to take a stab at it.. the sensor could be toast... I dont know how the sensor for fluid is triggered but for low coolant, there's a FLOAT in the overflow bottle... the washer fluid may be the same... the float is plastic though, so fluid can seep into it and prevent it from floating... you'll probably need to take it out and check it out... another thing you can try is find the plug that goes into the sensor and just jump the contacts and see if the light goes out... or just unplug it and see if the light goes out.. it should go on an off by completeing and breaking the circuit.... this is all just a guess, but thats how most ON/OFF sensors work... things like fuel and temp gauges have variable resistance... so it's not as cut and dry,though they work on teh same idea... at FULL ground you'd read hot or cold, and no ground would be the oposite... anyway... enough of me... poke around under the hood and see if you can find the plug for the sensor, that's a good place to start
-as
Old 12-04-2002, 08:10 PM   #4
VeNuM
Registered Member

I tried disconnecting the battery for a half hour and leaving the headlights on. Nothing, my guess is that it's that sensor, now if it was so @#*& cold! ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #5
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I hear ya man, I live just outside boston and it's like 20 degrees out there.. makes winter projects a real drag... just try the harness plug first, I seem to recall the washer bottle being a bad place to get at..
-as
Old 12-05-2002, 09:27 AM   #6
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChunkFunky
I seem to recall the washer bottle being a bad place to get at..
Yeah, inside the fender.

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote