MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-16-2003, 01:27 AM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default cobra upper and lower intake

will a stock throttle body work with a cobra upper/lower setup? I have a chance to get one cheap but i dont want to tear apart my car if the stock tb wont work. I dont have any others to put on. I have heard with the upper and lower setup you can add 24hp easy....but i dont know if i woudl have to move to larger tb or not.

I have a 91 lx coupe.

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 03:25 PM   #2
briand
Registered Member

yes the stock throttle body will work, i ran the stock one on mine for a many months. you won't find 24 hp on a stock motor with a cobra intake. now if you already had heads, cam, ... and so on and then you slapped the intake on, then maybe. but the cobra does provide good performance on a stock type motor due to its runner velocity's and design. it would be a good upgrade if you can get it cheap
GT-40X heads(58cc), Cobra upper and lower, 75 mm Bullet, Moroso fenderwell induction, FRPP 65mm TB, 24# injectors, black magic electric fan, phenolic spacer, 1.7 crane cobra roller rockers, crane 2031, BBK 1 5/8 equal length hearders, 2.5 inch off road pipe, 2.5 flowmaster catback, FMS 3.55 gears, T5-Z transmission, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, svo heavy duty clutch, mcleod bullet proff bellhousing, BBK adjustable cluth quadrant, hurst billet shifter, lakewood subframes, BBK strut tower brace, BBK 2pt lower cross bar, FMS 190 lph fuel pump, crane ps91 coil, FMS street pulleys, and 300+ race wires. All thanks goes to my wife sheri, jason, jeff, robby, my dad and all others you helped contribute. most importantly GOD!!!
briand is offline   Reply With Quote