MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-11-2001, 02:01 PM   #1
horse with no name
Registered Member

Question install on ron davis alum radiator????

hello fellow mustangers!! Just a quick question. I have decided on a radiator, i think that i want to go with the Ron Davis aluminum one... However before i go ahead and order it up just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with the install. I plan on keeping the stock shroud and am probably gonna go with the hold down bracket from downs motorsports!! Any inquiries would be greatly appreciated!!thanks!
88' GT/ world class t-5z, king cobra clutch kit, hurst billet plus shifter, edelbrock timing chain,9mm fms wires, maximum motorsports brake upgrade kit with ss braided brake lines, ss caliper sleeves ect, power slot rotors, optima gell cell battery, 16" boyds wrapped in bfg g-force ta tread.
horse with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 02:48 PM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Talking

I have one installed on my car, if you don't get that Down's hold down you will need to clearance the stock brackets so they work, as far as retaining the factory shroud you will need to drill two holes in the top lip to bolt the shroud in and then I just used the 2 clips that came from the bottom and clipped the shroud to the edge of the bottom lip on the radiator and it held up fine. Now since I have a electric fan the shroud is long gone... you will need to pull the bottom hose of to drain the fluid since it doesn't have a pet-cock. It worked great for me and was a very nice qaulity piece, cools great!

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! FIRST TIME OUT 12.16@111 WHEELS-UP
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote