MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
mak375
Registered Member

Default NOS amounts

what would a good amount of hp boost be for my daily driver cobra? i need it to be EXTREMELY safe!

how much will a system of that size run me?
steeda tri-ax, flowmaster catback, bassani x-pipe w/ high flow cats, MAC headers, ported and polished intake, trick flow twisted wedge heads, e303 cam, rear upper and lower control arms cold air induction w/ k&n air filter subframe connectors, underdrive pullies, MT ET streets, clear corners, chrome cobra r wheels
mak375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
Technick
Registered Member

A 100 H.P. shot will usually be plenty safe. Safe is a relitive word tho. Install it right, follow the directions to a tee, if a little is good, as lot is not necessarely better. If your engine is worn out, this will break it faster. If it is in good condition nothing to worry about. Be sure and buy a quality kit. Do not skimp and buy the cheapest as you will pay for it in the long run.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
mak375
Registered Member

well eventhough my stang is a 94 i treat it good and its in pretty good shape, and with something like this i would feel more comfortable having someone else install it so id hope that the professional would set it up right. as for amount i was thinking 150, would that be too much? also if i have this done will it interfer with any later mods i plan on doing (charger, chip, etc)
mak375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
Technick
Registered Member

If you have a supercharger installed you will have to ditch the Nitrous, unless you are real sharp in the set up and tune. Might get away with a 50-75 h.p. shot with the blower depending on boost level of the supercharger. If it is a stock engine the head gskts will go in a hurry if not the pistons. The same with the chip. That chip will have to "tuned" for the use of the Nitrous, if not you will have BIG problems. 150 H.P. shot on a stock motor is O.K. IF done RIGHT. Here again do your homework. If you really know what Nitrous is and what is does, and I mean REALLY know, not just that it gives more H.P. , then you will understand the importance of setting everything up right and it will help keep you from using the Nitrous in the wrong ways. Having an understanding of what NOS does in the combustion chamber, how it reacts to fuel, how the flame front is affected, what happens to the burn rate of the fuel, what happens to cylinder pressure, ect ect..... will go a long way in having an engine that will last............ and make GREAT power. It may sound complex now, or not, but here is where a little knowledge is NOT a dangerous thing!
Old 04-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

mak375, run kit NOS-05115. Its rated at 75hp and won't be a problem for your car's hyper pistons. To be the safest, I'd recommend 1 range colder plugs, retard the timing 2-4 degrees, and upgrade the fuel pump and ignition.

I ran this kit jetted for 125hp and had no problems, but I had to constantly tune my engine ie. checking plug gaps, timing etc.