MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-07-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default Couple of quick questions

Alright, I'm looking at pulling out the AC sometime next week when i have a day off. I was wondering what else i will need other then a shorter belt, and something to bolt the powersteering pump to. I think I saw an eliminator clip or something in a jegs magazine before. Just wondering if there is something else i could use or would that be what I want.

My other question is, I just installed a flex-lite Xcool fan today.
I bought the 1 1/2 inch spacer. Does anyone else have one installed, with either the same spacer or a longer one? I'm just afraid that with the 1 1/2" spacer it might not be pulling enough air at idle. It wasn't that warm today, so I really haven't gotten a chance to see if it'll really wamp up at idle.

Thanks,
Rosco
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
Rosco
Registered Member

Oh yeah, Just saw on the jegs website, the bracket for 49.99 actually moves the power-steering pump to where the AC compressor was.

My other question is, I'm looking at replacing the altenator with a newer one, like the ones that are found in the 94+ years. It looks like it's got the same mounting spots, but I noticed that the terminal connections are a little different. Has anyone installed one that could tell me some things about this? Thanks alot

Rosco
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Old 05-08-2003, 06:31 AM   #3
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

there's more to it then just slapping in the new ALT... there's plenty of info about it... I dont know of any sites but if you serach the board here you might stumple on some links to those sites, this has come up more then once.. infact, just about every question one asks has been asked before in some form.. the search tool can be pretty handy...

I got excited and searched for you... found this

http://www.racesystems.com/3gproj/index.htm

-as
Old 05-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #4
Roscoe
Registered Member

You have two different choices -

You can either get a UPR A/C delete pulley (adds to the bling factor - billet alum) or you can get the FMS power steering relo kit. Both are around $40-45. I was going to go with the first one, but got fed up with everything and decided to yank power steering as well.

When you go to yank out the A/C, go to Autozone (or whatever) and buy a little assortment pack of spring lock tools so you can get them out easily. It will save you a ton of frustration.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:52 PM   #5
Rosco
Registered Member

Yeah, my friends already got the stuff for less hassle. My only problem is that i don't really want to pay $40 for a bracket so i can pull my A/C. Which is why i'm looking for another way, I'm actually thinking of going somewhere and seeing if they can fabricate a bracket for me cheaper.

But basically the only way to mount that is buying one of their brackets or pulling the power steering as well..?

Thanks

Rosco