MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-26-2003, 10:03 AM   #1
87 GT MUSTANG
Registered Member

Default NEED ADVICE and or OPINIONS

I noticed i am leaking oil all over my tranny and it is causing my tranny to slip once in awhile. My problem is the rear lower intake seal is gone. My 1995 mustang GTS currently has 158,000 km's and if i am to pull apart the upper and lower intake, do you think i should pull the heads as well and clean them up?. Before i go through with the tear down i am going to do a dry and wet compression test to check for any internal engine problems as i have had oil squirting from the top of my dip-stick when i hit the loud pedal, i have replaced my PCV valve and PCV filter and checked the lines and they are fine. I am thinking of getting my stock components port matched as i am on a very tight budget. I am looking for the best possible route for my car as i am not selling it anymore and wanna do some stuff to it while i have the motor apart. What would be some of your suggestions as to what to do with the motor while it is apart?. I am on a very tight budget and am looking for the best bang for the buck while bringing my pony up to par. I am looking to gain some more power and a sturdier motor ofcourse and will be doing most, if not all of the work myself (except for port matching)
Old 05-27-2003, 12:25 PM   #2
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Why would oil leaking on your transmission make it slip?

1984 LX Hatch
306 w/ TRW forged flat toppers, Comp Cams Magnum 292H, GT40P heads w/ 3 angle valve job, .550 lift springs, Angus Racing Roller Rockers, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 4150 650cfm carb, MAC 1 5/8 Long Tubes, Single Chamber Flowmasters, 91' T5 w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, Turbo Coupe 8.8 Rear w/ 3.55 gears, QA1 Motorsports tubular K member, no interior except steering wheel and seat.
Coming soon: 6 or 8 point cage, Fuel Cell, Weld Draglites
QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: NEED ADVICE and or OPINIONS

Quote:
Originally posted by 87 GT MUSTANG
I noticed i am leaking oil all over my tranny and it is causing my tranny to slip once in awhile.
Man that was funny as hell.

Thanks
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:03 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

OK now back to the topic. If it were me I would go ahead and pull the heads off and do a little port matching and grind out the thermacter bumps out of the exhaust ports.

While you are at it a machine shop will only charge you about 40 bux to mill your heads down about 30 thousanths to up your compression.

Easy money,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote