MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-30-2003, 02:20 AM   #1
Wraith
Registered Member

Unhappy Cobra Intake

Hey guys about a couple of days ago I had a cobra upper and lower intake installed. Then my car ran into a couple of problems. First my car was idleing real low, my engine was shaking, my car would take off to slow considering i have 3:73 gears, my car was missing, my car would shut off when I put it in revers and so on. My first thought was there was a vacuum leak. Also maybe something wrong with my spark plugs. That went on for a couple of days. All of a sudden it just stop, meaning the car went back to normal from one day to the next. I still want to make sure nothings wrong. Why do you guys suppose this happend? Could it have been a electrical problem? Talk to me guys. Thanks!

David
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:44 AM   #2
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I think most will say that was your computer relearning all the new mods. Though I suppose it could be other things... but that's the easiest explanation
-as
Old 05-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Roket
Registered Member

I agree, im sure its the computer just adjusting to all the new found air. Mine did the same thing when i installed mine. But no problems.
Roket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:34 PM   #4
LayanRubr
Registered Member

You might wanna get your chip reburned, or whatever they do to that, we should wait for someone who has done this to post their idea
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:56 PM   #5
MustangNewb
Registered Member

Friend of mine had performance issues once when he changed his entire exhaust and intake and he had to reset something on his computer or something like that in order for it to relearn everything properly. I know absolute dick about dick so I couldn't tell you any details but it's something to look into if you're still stumped

I'll ask him next time I see him for more details.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:45 PM   #6
Roket
Registered Member

Just unhook the positive of the battery for about 15 minutes, this resets the codes. and once u start it, go beat the hell out of it, and the computer saves the codes of u drving like u stole it(or so i have been told...lol)
Roket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:30 AM   #7
MustangNewb
Registered Member

Just got back from chillin with my friend, he bassicly said everything that Roket just said. He said that you might wanna reset the computer reguardless and have it relearn everything from scratch. Apparently, even though it might be running fine right now your car might still have some old habits it needs to lose that will only occur through a reset. He also said the reason why it may have run like crap is because it actually WAS reset and the computer needed time to relearn. Did you have the battery disconnected when you installed the intake?