MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #21
Nixon1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokinStangGT
I have been wanting to replace the fuel pump soon and i am not running a feul pressure regulator...
Do you mean you're not running an ADJUSTABLE regulator, or you're not running an FPR AT ALL?

Current stats: NEW 302 short block, E-303 cam (@.050, 220/220, .498/.498, 110 degrees), 1.6 roller rockers, Performer RPM heads (aluminum, 1.9/1.6, 60cc chambers), Cobra intake, Granatelli 75mm MAF, Billet AFPR, Equal-Length Shorty Headers, Off-Road X Pipe, Flowmasters, 4.10 POSI

13.73 at 103.8, ~2.2 60'
Nixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 04:00 AM   #22
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

im not sure if i put this anywhere but i did install the new comp cams springs... double coiled and alot more pressure to insure no valve float.... I feel like an idiot listing to my freind that assured me that the stock srpings would hold when i wanted to throw on some better new ones! Ah live and learn... and my next project should go smooth seeing how i ran into alot of crap...and im not running a Fuel pressure regulator... thanks alot guys..... and do you know how to calculate the compression then?? because my gage says the 12:1 right on it like that but it may mean something else.. THANKS ALOT!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 04:03 AM   #23
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

The valve springs just were replaced after that valve floated.... the thing is i listened to a friend and he told me i would be ok with the stock vavle springs and i had wanted to replace them.. oh well.. its all fixed now and i will get the upper intake on tomorrow and see how it runs and report back! also i am running a stock fuel pressure regulator. THANKS!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 06:23 AM   #24
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by SmokinStangGT
..... and do you know how to calculate the compression then?? because my gage says the 12:1 right on it like that but it may mean something else.. THANKS ALOT!
I'd love to see a picture of this gauge.

The only way to calculate your compression ratio is to know your bore, stroke, head gasket thickness, combustion chamber cc's, and the size of any notches in your pistons.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote