MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
Jrock26584
Registered Member

Default 95 Gt

i had this posted in the apperance & detailing forum but wasnt getting any responses so im gonna post it here to see if yall got any recommendations. thanks

I got the saleen kit put on my car about 6months ago and the ford place didnt want to install the side panels on the doors because saleen said to use double sided tape and they didnt think it would hold...well anyway i went and got Freedman's Car Stereo to install them.. they used epoxy to put them on...now both of the door panels have come off..i dont want to drive the 1.5 hours back to the place that installed them and then wait another 6hrs again. Anyone have any experiences installing these on there car or thoughts of how to get them to stay. I figured if anything would hold it would have been the epoxy.
Jrock26584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:58 PM   #2
Matt Erich
Registered Member

Default Sides

I have seen the 3M double sided tape work very well but you have have to clean the surface with rubbing alcohol and then your a scutch bright pad on it to make the tape and teh clear coat stay togather or you could just go the way i went and screw them in on the underside with countersinking screws
Matt Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
chickendreamer
Registered Member

Default Re: 95 Gt

Quote:
Originally posted by Jrock26584
i had this posted in the apperance & detailing forum but wasnt getting any responses so im gonna post it here to see if yall got any recommendations. thanks

I got the saleen kit put on my car about 6months ago and the ford place didnt want to install the side panels on the doors because saleen said to use double sided tape and they didnt think it would hold...well anyway i went and got Freedman's Car Stereo to install them.. they used epoxy to put them on...now both of the door panels have come off..i dont want to drive the 1.5 hours back to the place that installed them and then wait another 6hrs again. Anyone have any experiences installing these on there car or thoughts of how to get them to stay. I figured if anything would hold it would have been the epoxy.
PHONE SALEEN and ask them!!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 12:26 AM   #4
Jrock26584
Registered Member

saleen said to use double sided tape....but i figure if epoxy wont hold them neither will the tape... when you screwed yours did you go from the outside threw the panel and into the door and just bondo on top and paint them? anyother thoughts??
Jrock26584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 07:43 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I dunno, since Saleen has been modding cars for ages, I would think they would have a clue about how to install their own panels (*hint of sarcasm, yes*). Personally, unless there is an obviously easier or better way to do something, I usually try to follow the manufacturer's instructions first and then if that doesn't work, go to "plan B". 3M double sided tape isn't a pushover. Just follow directions to a "T" though. Only my opinion. Hope it works out for ya.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:10 AM   #6
chatcher
Registered Member

i know i have a different car but the tapes worked fine for me for over two years now
Old 09-01-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
Matt Erich
Registered Member

mine screw to the back of the rear fenders and the front fender but if i was to do it all over i would use 3m, its the best thing on the market.!!!
Matt Erich is offline   Reply With Quote