MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-11-2001, 08:31 PM   #1
green94droptop
Registered Member

Red face got my alignment done today....

...and all they could adjust with my MAC plates were the camber settings and of course toe. You see there was a problem getting some negative caster because my strut tower brace on my 94gt was in the way! Now, I must say this is a sh**ty design from MAC. I know I put them on right because there was just one way.

Have any of you guys had this problem with MAC plates.

Now I know what you're going to say. Ditch the MAC's. OK OK. Before I ditch them I just want to make sure.

I really want to go with MM because of the 4 bolt pattern and because of the fact you don't have to move the plate at all. All you have to do to adjust caster/camber is move the triangle around the strut right? And they look good.

But what do you guys think about the and J&M compared to Maximum Motorsport? How hard is it to drill that forth whole?

My alignment guy recommended the triangle design out of preference and he said it's very easy to get the settings.

What do you guys think?

------------------
Green '94 GT conv. -- K&N filter charger, FMS 9mm wires, Accel hipo cap/rotor, 180* thermo, 14* timing, PRO 5.0, off road H-pipe in front of 2 chamber flow's, Steeda subframe connectors w/ crossbrace, stock, stock, stock, yeah and that's stock too.

My 'Stang
green94droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 07:36 AM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Maximum Motorsport are the ones that I have and they work for me But I dont have a strut tower brace. I will be getting one. I am getting all of my stuff from the same company so I hope that I dont have that happen to me.

------------------
14.62@96.9 Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bell housing, Adjustable Clutch Cable, AL Driveshaft
Suspension: MAC Control Arms, Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Shocks
Exhaust: 1 5/8 UN-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back
Cooling: 3 Core Radiator

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote