MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #1
crazypete
Registered Member

Default Wiring up AOd backup light to T-5 harnesses

Hey all, a great victory as I finally completed my AOD swap and got the exhaust back in. I'm trying to wire the backup lights and ready the previous post a while back for someone swapping in the other direction.

So I have 3 harnesses here:

From AOD: wht/ppl blk/pink wht/red(pink) red/blue

From car: blue/yellow grey/ppl (neutral switch, ignored)

From car: red/blue blk ppl/org white(stripe faded)

I pretty much surmised that the 2 wire connector is for a neutral switch and I just ignored it since I ripped out the switch ages ago.

I tied the white/pink and red/blue wires from the car harness together and this leaves the wht/ppl and the black/pink to hook up to the black and the ppl/org. This doesnt work though. I checked resistence across the wht/ppl and black/pink and it is infinite in all "gears". Do I need to put fluid in the AT and run the engine to give it pressure or should it work "dry"? By the way, if I hook the car harness's blk and ppl/org wires together, the backups come on.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #2
crazypete
Registered Member

ok! So I'll answer my own post =P

Apparently, it appears, to my dismay, that the mercury that held my transmission originally had a rod type shifter linkage. This created a necessity to put the selector arm up instead of down like on the fox's and I had completely failed to grasp the significance of this. Apparently, I had completely reversed the shifter so Park was low and low was park so I basically dry started my automatic in low gear and filled it up in gear. yay me. I wonder how much I wrecked it. But, if nothing else, the lights now all work and I even decided to hook up the neutral saftey on the starter.

Does anyone know which of the three ports on the passenger side of the AOD is the hookup for the pressure guage? The forwardmost one is stamped FWD and the rearmost is DIR, so I figured the unmarked middle one is the missing TV port. It seems to be giving me line pressure and hovers at 60 psi but granted this was in low gear with the parking brake holding it back =P . Any ideas?
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote