MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-02-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Angry Torque angle gauge?

Is there any way to by-pass this tool .....The rental place in my tiny little dirt-hole town said they have never heard of one before....

Went to my local parts store they have one for $68.00 seems a little too steep for my one-time usage..

Is there any way to torque the head bolts on my piece of crap winter ride with out this tool? (winter ride is..96'chevy 4x4 ,350 vortec, L-31 heads)

I know it's not a ford ...
I wish it was then i would'nt have these problems

thanks guys ...Big Bopper..
Old 12-02-2003, 07:24 PM   #2
BaLListic
Registered Member

Default hmmmm

I take it you dont have an autozone there? Around here they have free loan a tool service you just give them the full cost of it up front then they give you your money back when you return it....
BaLListic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:32 AM   #3
billheis
Registered Member

Most of time it list s what torque to go to then it list s the angle in degrees. Just convert the degrees into turns such as 90 would quarter turn 180 1/2 turn ect. Keep checking your manual it should show how many degees or turns somewhere. Or you could get rid of those torque to yeild bolts and put conventional head bolts in
90 Convertable 5.0 LX, ported E7s w/ THumper valve job, TFS street, FR 65mm TB, B cam w/1.7 cobra rockers, kirban AFPR, Mac CAI, Mac Headers, off road h, 3 chamber flows, Crane ign. box, 3:73s, Art Carr AOD & 2600 converter
billheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Word up guys...

Thanks for the tips...But...I tried to make my own angle gauge...But the degrees are to close to do by 1/2 or 1/4 turn it's like 55 degrees,then 65 degrees,then 75 degrees and that varies on the bolt length... stupid chevy vortec heads....it just makes me love my Mustang even more!!!!!!

I'm gonna go to the few auto shops around here and try and borrow one for beer..wish me luck!

As for having a AUTO ZONE I wish, that would be awesome! It seems like living in Canada everthing is harder to get and is ALWAYS twice as much as what you guys from the states say!

I'm moving to the USA and gonna be a race car driver..lol

Thanks eh,

Big Bopper.