MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
mak375
Registered Member

Default Part install cost

I got a new CAM for x-mas and i ordered some new heads for myself. I dont really have the time or the knowledge to install them myself. How much should i look to pay for the install? A ballpark will be fine i just dont want to get ripped off at the shop.
steeda tri-ax, flowmaster catback, bassani x-pipe w/ high flow cats, MAC headers, ported and polished intake, trick flow twisted wedge heads, e303 cam, rear upper and lower control arms cold air induction w/ k&n air filter subframe connectors, underdrive pullies, MT ET streets, clear corners, chrome cobra r wheels
mak375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Under $1000??????

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:36 AM   #3
BigCountryGT
Registered Member

Dude, I would try and find a "shade tree" or small time wrench turner. It is not much more complicated putting a cam and a set of heads than it was twenty years ago.

If you go to a dealer or of some type of performance shop you will get RAPED (unless you have some sort of connection).

Or take the $$$$$ you will spend at a shop and buy some tools. The absolute best way to learn getting your hands dirty.
BigCountryGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigCountryGT
Dude, I would try and find a "shade tree" or small time wrench turner. It is not much more complicated putting a cam and a set of heads than it was twenty years ago.

If you go to a dealer or of some type of performance shop you will get RAPED (unless you have some sort of connection).

Or take the $$$$$ you will spend at a shop and buy some tools. The absolute best way to learn getting your hands dirty.
I second that!
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 03:25 PM   #5
JSFIRE79
Registered Member

When I was afraid to get into that part of the motor.I took everything off myself, down to the cylinders and then took the car and the new heads and stuff and had a shop throw them on for 250.....Heads,Cam, Timing chain, rockers, lifters, pushrods, gaskets all for $250.....and then bolt all your intake and fuel stuff in yourself .But after tearing it all down Im confident I can do it myself..ive built a few motors now and it's really easier than you think......provided you have all the right tools........
93GT Stock 302, 170,000 miles....GT-40Y Heads, Ported and Extrude Honed GT-40 intake, Pro-M w/Granitelli Meter , 65mm Throttle Body , Custom Crane Cam, Rockers, lifters, pushrods, Mikes Transmissions Built AOD, 3000 stall, Aluminum Driveshaft , 3.73 gears, Motorsports shorty headers, Stock axles, ZEX 125HP kit. w/Bottle warmer.

60ft. - 1.60
1/4- 11.38
MPH- 119

WWW.StarkRacing.net
JSFIRE79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #6
mak375
Registered Member

time is also an issue, i go to school and my mustang lives at home in a garage so i dont put too many miles on it driving up and back. but anyways i am only home for weekends. So not only do i not want to mess with it myself i dont have the time to mess with it. so...getting it installed will cost me around 1000?
steeda tri-ax, flowmaster catback, bassani x-pipe w/ high flow cats, MAC headers, ported and polished intake, trick flow twisted wedge heads, e303 cam, rear upper and lower control arms cold air induction w/ k&n air filter subframe connectors, underdrive pullies, MT ET streets, clear corners, chrome cobra r wheels
mak375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:18 AM   #7
BigCountryGT
Registered Member

Quote:
getting it installed will cost me around 1000?
Defiantly should be able to get it done for under 1000. If you stay away from dealers and "performance" shops( $65 an hour and up) you should be able to get it done for 500. Or less. Or you could wait for spring break or summer and do it your self for $0.

which ever way you go good luck
BigCountryGT is offline   Reply With Quote