MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #21
Coupe50h
Registered Member

a focus? geez thats something my girlfriend would drive, i just found out my surging problem was the 02's, i always thought id see a check engine light if one was bad, but o well.
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #22
USMC302
Registered Member

Wow, this thread makes me feel like we are proffessionals trying to talk someone out of suicide.

Quote:
Thanx guys for all of your help, but I've given up. My 'Stang is being sold and I'm buying a FOCUS as a daily driver, Goodbye.
We just lost one fellas. A moment of silence please.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:18 PM   #23
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OMAR
Thanx guys for all of your help, but I've given up. My 'Stang is being sold and I'm buying a FOCUS as a daily driver( I WILL NOT RICE IT OUT EITHER!!!). Maybe someday I'll have another Stang. Until then, Goodbye.
Hey, you don't think we all had problems with our cars, SHYTE just because this one is kicking your *** a little bit, doesn't mean you should turn around and go run to your mommy!!!!! Get back into it and fix it! Sure,... we all had to maybe walk away from it for a day or two, and then go back and look at it from a different angle, but thats life. You are going to have this kind of problem in every aspect in life!!!!
I'll tell you what, if you go back there and finally fix it, you will be rewarded with such self-gratification you will feel that you can take over the world, (or at least for 2-5 sec. anyway.) even if you have to take it to local shop to fix it. Don't let a little problem like that make you go out and spend 14,000+ on a new car.
That's my two cents, sorry if it is little to harsh but life gets alot harder then that.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 01:59 AM   #24
OMAR
Registered Member

Default I appreciate your .02 cents

And you're right! But I had to sell it because I need a running car. I had no intentions of selling it at first, but b'cuz of wife, kids & bills, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I'm no crybaby, quitter! This was the first car I ever took apart, and I put it back together and made it better and faster until something went wrong. I've had no mechanic experience beforehand outside of tune-ups and oil changes on my own cars to save money and the peace of mind knowing the work was actually done. I have no garage, all work was done by me with a $100 CRAFTSMAN toll set that I've had for years. It took me about 3 months, fitting the work in between my job and my family, I worked at night, in the rain, cold, on an unpaved driveway no less! I was committed! It just got to a point where I tried all that I knew, and everything anyone else told me. If it's a bent valve or a dead cylinder, I don't have time or money to repair it so...... Believe me, it wasn't easy to let go of. I practically gave it away! But I'm getting a great deal on a company FOCUS from my job, so I'll at least have transportation until I can afford a new project. I'll be back eventually!

You can take the gearhead outta cars, but you can't take cars outta the gearhead!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0068.jpg (733.4 KB, 8 views)
OMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #25
420nitro
Registered Member

Default Re: I appreciate your .02 cents

Quote:
Originally posted by OMAR
And you're right! But I had to sell it because I need a running car. I had no intentions of selling it at first, but b'cuz of wife, kids & bills, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I'm no crybaby, quitter! This was the first car I ever took apart, and I put it back together and made it better and faster until something went wrong. I've had no mechanic experience beforehand outside of tune-ups and oil changes on my own cars to save money and the peace of mind knowing the work was actually done. I have no garage, all work was done by me with a $100 CRAFTSMAN toll set that I've had for years. It took me about 3 months, fitting the work in between my job and my family, I worked at night, in the rain, cold, on an unpaved driveway no less! I was committed! It just got to a point where I tried all that I knew, and everything anyone else told me. If it's a bent valve or a dead cylinder, I don't have time or money to repair it so...... Believe me, it wasn't easy to let go of. I practically gave it away! But I'm getting a great deal on a company FOCUS from my job, so I'll at least have transportation until I can afford a new project. I'll be back eventually!

You can take the gearhead outta cars, but you can't take cars outta the gearhead!!!!

OK, I did not know it was like that!
Hopefully you will still have that Focus when you get your new project car started.
Good luck hope to see yaa back soon.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:04 PM   #26
USMC302
Registered Member

Sooooo.....how much you selling it for?
Old 01-04-2004, 10:57 PM   #27
OMAR
Registered Member

It's already gone! I GAVE it away for only $3400!!!! I'm trying to not think about it and just move on tho'.
OMAR is offline   Reply With Quote