MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
72GrabberMav
Registered Member

Default Just bought a motor and it is locked up!

I just bought this big block ford motor and have a major problem. When i pulled the intake, the intake ports on the heads were all full of water. I dumped the engine over and got all of it out and then put tranny fluid, wd 40, and kerosene in it and it is still froze up. I broke a breaker bar, and an impact will not budge it. Please help me, what do i do?
72GrabberMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:20 PM   #2
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default Time...

You are going to have to let it sit in solution...I would have it hot-dipped in a solvent tank at a machine shop. You don't want to break it free-ing it up.
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
LX5liter
dude5l

It should be dis-assembled for cleaning and honing anyways. Also check to see if any water made it to the oil pan, and check all the bearings.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
72GrabberMav
Registered Member

Im going to tear it down tommorow. Im 99 % sure that everything will have to be replaced. That is if the motor is still even any good or rebuildable. Iv'e never tore and engine down completely apart so this will be a chalenge for me. I don't know how im gonna get the pistons out since they are stuck to the walls either. The heads will have to be completely redone. Carb needs chunked in the weeds. I have the intake almost ready, ive ported it pretty good and almost got all the rust out of it. The cam does look good though. Just the chambers, and ports is all that worry me on the heads, oh and the valves. I dont know what i need to bore it over, maybe .030 or more depending on how the walls look. Any advice on tearing her down?
72GrabberMav is offline   Reply With Quote