MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 AM   #1
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Arrrrgh!!!

So here's how my weekend went. Thrashed on our other car to get it ready for Fun Ford in Norwalk. Worked on it all week, got the new 333 stroker in it and fired it for the first time at 1:45 AM on Friday. Broke the cam in set hot lash, finished working on the car at 5:00 AM. Went to bed, woke up at 6:30 AM, and hauled the car and camper to Norwalk. Hit Linder's lot around 11:00, finally got into the pits around 2:30ish Friday afternoon. Already missed the time trials for True Street.

Worked in the car all ******* day Friday, put in the center valve springs, reset lash, changed break in oil and plugs. Took the car for a ride up route 18 and it ripped! Went to bed all happy, and looking forward to the True Street class on Saturday. Woke up Saturday AM, the driver (I just wrench on this one) took the car and got it teched, passed with flying colors. Went to the car wash, got it all cleaned up and looking pretty. Brought it back to the pits and got ready for the driver's meeting at 1:00.

Started the damn car to head over to the driver's meeting and it had a dead hole. Took off the hood, and there was ANTIFREEZE DRIPPING OUT OF A BREATHER. Mother #^%#$ was I pissed!

So we decided to load the car back up, drink a whole lotta beer and watch some fast cars!!!! Which we did for the rest of Saturday, and most of Sunday.

ATTN: Jeff Chambers I stopped over at your pit, but you weren't there Sat AM. I got some great film of your car on Sat and Sun. How'd you do in the second round Sun? We left after Pro and all you showdown cars were done with first round.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
LX5liter
dude5l

Sounds like a frustrating weekend! Did you find the problem with the engine?

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #3
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

True Street was gay....
I thought it was a big waste. Placed us at the very end of the track after the crusie and we missed all the good racing (Pro and SSO) When we finally pulled up, some one wrecked and there was like a 1.5 hour delay. Basicly I spen the whole day roasting my ass off in the sun. I didnt even get to see my friends till I left for the day. Next year, I will just put it on the Dyno and drive around the lot hitting the two step Car went a 12.83@116 and a 13.06 (Missed 2-3 shift ) @ 117. Car is running pretty strong so far. I dont know, I just did not enjoy myself.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 06:13 AM   #4
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Wink

Yeah, the head studs were too short. They make longer studs for the sportsman block, and noone told us that. They exhaust side head bolt holes on a sportsman block are drilled deeper than a standard 302, and take longer studs to thread down in there and seal up the water jacket.

Well since we were sitting around during True Street, we finally got to see how bad they screw that class. The King Ford Feast is during the cruise, Pro, SSO etc etc are all running while true street is out, and some other things I really didn't care for. Only get to make 2 passes the whole ******* weekend. We said next year we're running my car in Street Stang, and putting this one here in Fast Ford. Screw True Street.

P.S. The dude that crashed broke a bottom radiator hose, spun around and bounced off the wall. He was OK, car and track both were pretty messed up.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:04 AM   #5
stang_racer20
Registered Member

I feel your pain man. I guess I can welcome myself to the club! I also run the sportsman block and today after another test drive I came home to a suprise. Coolant seeping out of the stud threads on the exhaust side studs! I was also not warned by anyone, nor did I hear anything of this! Have you found the proper replacements? Is it possible to just replace the lower studs 1 by 1 or is the $120 set of loc-wired gaskets I bought junk?
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote