MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
leathal injection
Registered Member

Thumbs down i swear to god, its like once a week its somthing else !

alright this is whats happening, im having a real air fuel ratio problem .... my car not all the time but every once and while (more the i would like) starts running like really fat.

when i stand on it it runs like crap popin through the exhuast and hesitating like crazy ,only at low RPM's though , i hit 3 grand , and BAM !! SHES SCREAMIN With power, its kinda feels like the power comes on like a toggle switch.

it doesnt run like this all the time, which makes me thing its sensor related, i changed my o2's and my coolant temp sensor. didnt change my MAF yet .... any ideas guys ? thanks

Engine- 308 (bored .40 over) Probe Forged pistons (10.5:1), Scat forged crank and rods, w/Main Girdle, AFR 185 heads, GT-40 intake, CSI electric water pump. AC delete kit, No smog pump, Manual rack and pinion steering.

Ignition- MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster coil, MSD hellicore wires.

Drive Train- Tremic 3550, Alum. Drive shaft, 3:73 gears, Stock carrier and axels. 26X11.5 M/T Et streets.

Power adder- 175 shot of laughing gas.

Best ET 11.5 @120mph on squeeze, 12.4 @109mph on muscle (on gt40 heads)

on the 185 heads ... ??? tba

Last edited by leathal injection; 09-11-2004 at 07:37 PM..
leathal injection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
1989GT
Registered Member

Do you have an a/f guage? Sounds like it could also be ignition/timing related. Maybe a wire grounding out or something.
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
leathal injection
Registered Member

accually, a few days ago, the car was running really fat ! i was setting my timming (i set it to 14degrees) after putting the chip back in , i noticed when i rev the engine and the timming didnt move with the revs, and the chip was still in ??!!! so u took the chip out on the out and took a peek inside at the conectors and noticed they looked all corroded so i figures it was getting a bad conection, so i put a male and female conect setup on the 2 wires, so u when i check the timming now , i just pull the conections off ...

after that the car ran good (for like a day) then it was back to the same crap, runing rich durring low RPM's .....

Engine- 308 (bored .40 over) Probe Forged pistons (10.5:1), Scat forged crank and rods, w/Main Girdle, AFR 185 heads, GT-40 intake, CSI electric water pump. AC delete kit, No smog pump, Manual rack and pinion steering.

Ignition- MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster coil, MSD hellicore wires.

Drive Train- Tremic 3550, Alum. Drive shaft, 3:73 gears, Stock carrier and axels. 26X11.5 M/T Et streets.

Power adder- 175 shot of laughing gas.

Best ET 11.5 @120mph on squeeze, 12.4 @109mph on muscle (on gt40 heads)

on the 185 heads ... ??? tba
leathal injection is offline   Reply With Quote