MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-21-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Default Best place for AFRs

I have been tasked with ordering a set of AFR 180 heads for the long lost Jarhead who used to live here and am wondering if any of you have dealt with any of the vendors who sell them? I've pretty much decided that $1310 is the best I'm going to do but I'd like to deal with a reputable company.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

D&D motorsports did offer free shipping at one time. I hear they are good dealers. I have never bought from them. In case you didn't know, DON'T BUY FROM AMP. I plan on getting some from TEA when I get some dough. They are in Bowling Green, KY. I won't have to pay shipping either. They're a good dealer too.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:20 PM   #3
leathal injection
Registered Member

i know alot of people on this board wont agree w/me. but i got my AFR 185's from AMP.

i heard alot of drama about them, and i know alot of people dont deal with these guys because of that drama.

but im not the type of guy thats gonna put other peoples drama experiences in the way of the people i do buisness with. ive dealt w/them for years, and they never done me wrong.

they worked w/me with the price and actually sold them to me pretty cheap, and got them out to me from AZ to Long Island in 2 days.

Engine- 308 (bored .40 over) Probe Forged pistons (10.5:1), Scat forged crank and rods, w/Main Girdle, AFR 185 heads, GT-40 intake, CSI electric water pump. AC delete kit, No smog pump, Manual rack and pinion steering.

Ignition- MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster coil, MSD hellicore wires.

Drive Train- Tremic 3550, Alum. Drive shaft, 3:73 gears, Stock carrier and axels. 26X11.5 M/T Et streets.

Power adder- 175 shot of laughing gas.

Best ET 11.5 @120mph on squeeze, 12.4 @109mph on muscle (on gt40 heads)

on the 185 heads ... ??? tba
leathal injection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Generally, I am the same way. But since I hadn't done any business with them, I only have that one story to go off of. Every one deserves at least a warning. I mean, they gotta do some good or they wouldn't still be in the magazines. Since they are way over in AZ, I choose not to deal with them and will continue to warn anyone who contemplates doing so.