MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2001, 07:42 PM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Post Dan can you filter out chip question's?

I know its probably not possible but theres too many people in here asking about coputer chips (not talking about custom burned ones) and if they really give you the 25hp they advertise, I know we're all here to inform eachother but come on, enough is enough

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, pulleys, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after 1.7RR install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 05:59 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

Are you serious?

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 12:12 PM   #3
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

This is a forum to help people learn, no matter how small or big the question is. I know when I first came here I asked all kinds of basic questions,and if it weren't for the replies of my fellow board members, I wouldn't know half as much as I do now. So, let the people that don't know continue to ask....that is how we all learn
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:29 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hethj7:
This is a forum to help people learn, no matter how small or big the question is. I know when I first came here I asked all kinds of basic questions,and if it weren't for the replies of my fellow board members, I wouldn't know half as much as I do now. So, let the people that don't know continue to ask....that is how we all learn
I have to agree. I've learned a lot here. Sometimes a different person will explain the same question in a way that someone else may understand better. Plus you get all kinds of opinions. Look at GT40P heads. There are tons of posts on them. Yet I read every one to get more information and maybe a different point of view.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 08:28 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

fiveohpatrol:

No tech question will be 'filtered out'.
Only flames and obscene posts get deleted; non-tech posts get moved to the proper forum.

Any tech board will receive many versions of the same question(s) due to turnover and the fact that 'newbies' come aboard every day.
We've fielded more posts about rear end ratios than I can even count at this point, and because that's a basic mod, I expect those questions will keep coming. So what?
That's why the Windsor Power forum exists; to share Mustang tech info.

My suggestion is to simply skip those posts that don't interest you.
When I first joined this website I saw quite a few posts about blowers and nitrous (still do). I don't plan to convert to a blower or nitrous so I didn't read those posts. Simple.

Remember, we have a large audience and many 'New-to-Mustangs' members, so basic questions by various folks are natural and for some, informative. This is what we do here.
No 'filtering' is necessary.

------------------
Mr. 5.0
Messageboard Administrator
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 09:39 PM   #6
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

i thought about it that way after i posted it and wished i hadn't, i guess i linked chips with ricers thinking it gives them all kinds of power, i apologize for even bringing it up, go ahead and delete this post if you want, no need for it to be up anymore, sorry again guys, shoulda thought before i posted, later

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, pulleys, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after 1.7RR install

fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:16 PM   #7
rbatson

Actually it has crossed my mind, many times in the past, that maybe there should be a page dedicated to newbies. The most common questions answered kinda thing. Which gears? Are performance chips any good? What size tires will fit? You get the picture . People could still come here and ask questions on those topics, they could just read the 'newbie page' and get a general idea first.
Old 01-26-2001, 11:26 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
Actually it has crossed my mind, many times in the past, that maybe there should be a page dedicated to newbies. The most common questions answered kinda thing. Which gears? Are performance chips any good? What size tires will fit? You get the picture . People could still come here and ask questions on those topics, they could just read the 'newbie page' and get a general idea first.
That is what the FAQ is for. I've read that several times myself. But quite frankly I am more interested in experienced mustang owners opinion. Not many experienced guys would read a "newbie" board. Many newbies would just move over to the "experienced" board

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 08:55 PM   #9
rbatson

Oh, I never saw the FAQ section. Didn't know there was one on here. Maybe there should be a link to it under 'users rides' to the left. I agree with you on the newbie board thing, I don't think many would visit that spot.. except a bunch of newbies.