MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #1
StockRustang
Registered Member

Default Ford Racing A/C Eliminator

i bought this thing used for 25$ and it didnt come with any type of instruction on how to put it on.
Has anyone used this before? does anybody have a pic of the front of their 5.0 with this a/c delete and no smog pump? that'l give me a general idea of how it works. or just a good explenation from someone. would really apreciate it.
85 GT-currently: 8.8 with 4.10 and richmond spool, 31spline strange axles, Ties, GMS rear controll arms, stock rear springs, 50/50's, 90/10's up front with 4cyl springs, PA K-member and A-arms, and a motor i still cant decide what to do with.
StockRustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
StockRustang
Registered Member

Default Re: Ford Racing A/C Eliminator

ok nevermind i just found a print-out of the instructions.

one thing i cannot seem to find in a search is:

when getting rid of the smog pump as well as the a/c, how do i route the new belt AND what belt do i use?
85 GT-currently: 8.8 with 4.10 and richmond spool, 31spline strange axles, Ties, GMS rear controll arms, stock rear springs, 50/50's, 90/10's up front with 4cyl springs, PA K-member and A-arms, and a motor i still cant decide what to do with.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Shortbelt

This may not be exactly what you are looking for since you are using the a/c elimnator bracket. Just make sure you have it routed where the water pump is turning the right direction. Is this the kit that moves the power steering up to the a/c's old location or the one that moves the tensioner over to the a/c's old location? Just curious. Either way, you will end up with something like the 70.5" belt routing.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
StockRustang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieatcamaros
Shortbelt

This may not be exactly what you are looking for since you are using the a/c elimnator bracket. Just make sure you have it routed where the water pump is turning the right direction. Is this the kit that moves the power steering up to the a/c's old location or the one that moves the tensioner over to the a/c's old location? Just curious. Either way, you will end up with something like the 70.5" belt routing.
yep,. its the kit that moves the power steering to where the a/c used to be.