MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Default Removing ac

My A/C compressor went fubar the other day so im just going to remove the whole system. My question is do i really have to buy the ac delete kit or can i just run a shorter belt and go straight from the powersteering pump to the crank. Thanks
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
mustangibew
mustangibew

Default Re: Removing ac

Depends on if it will rub on itself. I had mine go bad awhile back and if I remember correctly I had to buy the kit. It does bring the power steering pump up to where the A/C was which makes checking and filling it easier.
mustangibew is offline   Reply With Quote