MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
philadelphia
Registered Member

Default just got a vert 4 banger got a buncha questions

Im pulling the 4 cyl and swapping in a stock 351w for now from a truck..

Will the upper intake from the 5.0 t birds ( i mean the newer mn12 chassis not the fox chassis)work on the trucks lower...I dont think i want to run the truck upper and want to do this cheap to pass the sniffer..

Since i cant find a deal on a v 8 harness will the motorsport swap harness work for me..Id rather have something seperate that i can use in a street rod..The 351w when i go through it will run a carb on giggle gas..My plan is to drop in the engine with a T5 and 8.8..

I have sn 95 front suspension minus the k member..what all do i need to swap on to get the 5 lug setup to work smooth...

At the rear i can get an 8.8 rear from a fox body cougar...I have a complete 7.5 from a V 6 sn 95 car..I want to run the rear discs on the 8.8 install 4.30 gears and run a girdle...Will the sn 95 brakes and axles work in the cougar rear without any hard work..I understand that both rears are wider than the fox...I thknk its .75 " so will that swap work...SN 95 axles and brakes into the fox body cougar rear axle?

Also with teh above brake setups will the 17X8 split five wheels from the GT work with out rubbing?

Basically i need the 351w in the car stock so i can pass a sniffer..then i plan on installing the spped parts..The upper intake problem is holding me up..If i cant run the late model upper from the t bird id just buy a trick flow setup but want to save cash...

Finally will the stock 4 banger fuel pump keep up?Its a 92 vert that is an auto and i need it running asap..I have a al9 ecm, t 5 trans and bell, 351w from a bronco..I can source up a complete upper intake from a 94ish t bird with the tb and cables etc etc..rear from the 88 cougar...

One last thing is can i run a stock flywheel from a 5.0L or do i have to buy a new one?

thanks
philadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote