MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-26-2001, 04:40 PM   #1
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Post Car hesitates

My friend has a 95 mustang Gt with a AODE, and he says it Hesitates off the line, when he 1st floors it it does it for a second or two. Does anyone know what this could be? Is there anything he could do cause it is killing his E.T. He has heard if you put a 93 computer it will fix it but we dont know. Thanks very much.
Brady91 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 05:49 PM   #2
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Thumbs down

Sounds like his crappy AODE to me. Band wear, getting lots of slop, etc.... What are some other symptoms? Does it make a weird noise? Auto tranny, that's my guess.

Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 11:53 PM   #3
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

It seems like its electronic or something, no noise. and his tranny seems fine it has been a VERy well kept car. I have a 91 gt with an aod and mine is ALOT faster off the line than his. It seems like his is just hesitating , he changed the plugs and all that and it still does it.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:46 AM   #4
PKRWUD

What mods does he have? What has he checked? Are there any codes? What is his TPS set to? Does this problem only occur from a dead stop, or does it happen if he's rolling? At what RPM does he launch?

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 06:51 PM   #5
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

he hasnt checked any codes, he stalls to about 1800 then launches and it will do it.Im not to sure if it does it from a rolling. oh ya and he only has flowmaster cat back. is the TPS throttle position Sensor? how do you set it? thanks
Old 09-28-2001, 06:45 AM   #6
PKRWUD

If he's launching at 1800, I doubt it's his TPS. You can check it by back probing the gray/white (w/ the positive test lead) and gray/red (w/ the negative test lead) wires at the TPS with a DMM set to 30vdc. Turn the key on. DMM should read no higher than .95vdc at idle. Slowly rotate the throttle while watching the meter. It should increase smoothly, maxing out at below 4.8vdc at WOT.

Anyway, Has this problem always been there, or did it recently start? If it just started, what changes did he make around the time this started. If it's always been a problem, what gears does he have?

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
Old 09-28-2001, 06:05 PM   #7
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Ok it has always done this. He has had the car for about 2 months. We thought it might be his stereo system(he has a amp, CD player and 2 subs, So he added an extra batery. But it still did it when he pulled his amp and battery. i dont know what it could be.
Old 09-28-2001, 06:07 PM   #8
Brady91 GT
Registered Member

Ok it has always done this. He has had the car for about 2 months. We thought it might be his stereo system(he has a amp, CD player and 2 subs, So he added an extra batery. But it still did it when he pulled his amp and battery. i dont know what it could be. oh ya and he has stock gears.
Old 09-28-2001, 11:44 PM   #9
PKRWUD

Could be the gears. If he's got 2.73's, and is trying to launch at 1800rpms, he's going to feel a hesitation while the rear end tries to catch up.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet