MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-28-2001, 03:00 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post Time to finish my project...Which parts to use?

I finally have enough money to buy heads, intake and cam.
I am thinking of going with the AFR 185 heads, and TF track heat intake, then getting a custom grind cam. How does this sound to go with my current setup? I have about 1600 saved up. I am hoping that I will have enough $$ by the time I sell my gt-40's, intake, and b303 cam.
About how much do the 185's run?

Any input on what would work better with my setup would be appreciated.

Thanks
Derek

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
bada$$lx

Cool

They sound like 3 very nice choices......which custom ground cam are you thinking of though? I haven't looked at heads in a while, so I couldn't give you an honest answer on the price of the AFR 185's.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles;FMS 3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside weld-on subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini 3" turbo hood;A/C delete;gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS custom chip;Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat intake (12.299 @ 113mph w/ a 1.78 60')
....soon to be b
Old 09-29-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I actually have no idea which cam I am going to go with. If anyone has any input, please let me know. I am used to off the shelf cams and havent dealt much with custom grinds..What should my setup run with those heads and intake? Should I port both intake and heads??

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 05:47 PM   #4
egiap's 5.0
Registered Member

Smokedawg, What I would do is give Lunati a call tell what you have and they will be able to make you a custom cam. My Dad used Lunati cams and his buick held four records. Hope I was of some help.

------------------
Edward VanCura, Amsoil dealer. For information about amsoil synthetic oil and lubes leave me a message. Ask about preffered customer program and buy at dealer cost.
egiap's 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote