MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-28-2001, 07:38 PM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Post Do I have to remove rack to install bushings?

I lowered the car a while ago but I didn't have time to put the offset bushings in. I just read an article that said I can just disconnect the 2 bolts and pull the rack forward to, uh, "facilitate entry".(heh, heh, he said..). Is this true? Can I do it without disconnecting the tie rods or the power steering lines?

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 11:47 PM   #2
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

You should be able to get the rack far enough out of the way without disconnecting anything, it would probably be best with the car on a rack or jackstands so that the wheels can move. The lines going to the power steering pump are metal from the rack for about 6" and then rubber so they will move enough. If you get under there and look closely you should see how easy it should be. Good luck.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, P&Ped heads, 2.25" custom mandrel bent dual pipes, T5 five speed tranny
15.43 @ 91.08mph (not shabby for a 3600 pound car)
60' 2.453 Street tires suck!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote