MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-08-2001, 06:51 AM   #1
Chipdog
Registered Member

Question Do I need O2s working with my Off-Road X?

After installing my Off-Road X pipe I get codes from my O2 sensers. I understand why and I have also heard of a fix from Rebel79 but I have heard that I dont need then at all. I would rather not jump through hoops fixing them if they really don't have to. Let me know the real deal. I can't belive with all the people on this board that have Off-road pipes that everyone has done "the fix".
Thanks for the time

------------------
92 GT Convertible
Hooker Headers, Headman X pipe, Flow Masters, 4.10s, BBK 1.5 drop, 73mm Mass air, 65 FMS TB, FMS Aluminum radiator, T-5 swap with a Steeda shifter.

And a Small Blow Job
Chipdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 01:01 PM   #2
jimberg
Registered Member

You need O2 sensors so that your computer can deliver the correct amount of fuel when cruising and at WOT. Without them, your engine will run rich all of the time and foul your plugs. If you are able to adjust the fuel pressure to lean out the cruise mixture to the point that you don't get fouled plugs then it is a good bet that the fuel supplied at WOT will also be too lean and create excessive heat and possibly damage your pistons. I'd got with Rebel79's fix.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 01:35 PM   #3
PKRWUD

What he said.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 01:42 PM   #4
bada$$lx

Who told you you don't need O2 sensors? I hope you don't ask for their advice often . Listen to jimberg, he's right.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles;FMS 3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside weld-on subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini 3" turbo hood;A/C delete;gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS custom chip;Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat intake (12.299 @ 113mph w/ a 1.78 60')
....soon to be b