MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-29-2001, 03:23 AM   #1
DAVE94LIGHTNING
Registered Member

Post DYNO TUNE AND CHIP IN LOS ANGELES AREA

Hello, I am new to this board but see a few CA guys on here

I read a post a few weeks back about a dyno tune and chip burn session for $500. Anyone know where I can get this done? I just need a single program chip that removes my speed limiter and raises my rev limiter as well as a quick air/fuel ratio tweak on the dyno.
The vehicle is a speed density 1994 Lightning with the 351W and a NOS big shot kit. My problem is that the truck cannot run the 1/4 mile without me shutting off before the line because the speed limiter hits at 100mph.

Thanks

------------------
BLACK 94 LIGHTNING
NOS BIG SHOT KIT
GEARS
SHIFT KIT
PULLEYS

DAVE94LIGHTNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 03:27 AM   #2
DAVE94LIGHTNING
Registered Member

Oh..I should add that I know about Swanson and Powertrain dynamics,,what are their prices for the total dyno time and a chip? Also, how about Morgan motorsports and Germanson in Oxnard? I know they both have dynos, but do they burn chips for fords? Finally, Anyone have any opinions or experiences with any of these tuners? Good or bad?

Thanks again
Old 10-29-2001, 04:37 PM   #3
USMC302
Registered Member

Brothers Performance in Corona, Ca.will do three dyno runs for $50 and Manning Motorsports in San Marcos, Ca will custom burn a chip to your app. and can turn off the speedometer shutoff limit without the chip. This is just my recommendation, it will probably not be any cheaper than$500 though. Good Luck.

------------------
88LX NOTCH 5.0, TFS Twisted Wedge Aluminum heads, 2.02 1.60 valves, BBK shorties unequal 1 5/8, off road H-pipe, Flowmasters, Drag lites, custom grind cam, solid motormounts, Aluminum Driveshaft, BBK springs, lakewood 90/10 50/50 shocks, BBK upper and lower control arms, 4.10 gears, centerforce DF clutch, adjustable BBK clutch cable with aluminum quadrant, Billet Steel flywheel, 70mm Acufab Throttle Body,MAC cold fender mount induction, K&N, 3 core radiator, flex-lite-fan, custom hardened push-
USMC302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 03:45 AM   #4
DAVE94LIGHTNING
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. How can they remove the limiter without a chip? This is on a speed density truck, thanks.

And how far is that from the san fernando valley?

------------------
BLACK 94 LIGHTNING
NOS BIG SHOT KIT
GEARS
SHIFT KIT
PULLEYS

Old 10-30-2001, 11:49 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

Swansons is the place to go. My car wouldnt even idle when I brought it to them. When I got it back it ran like stock and I gained 13rwhp from thier chip. They also tune my friends 8 second LX

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote