MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-16-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
Chris_H
Registered Member

Red face Line lock is spinning me in circles...

Ok, we got the line lock installed, spun em up and the car spins the back end to the left. No matter what I do, the back end comes around. Anybody know why this happens, or know of a way to keep it from happening? Won't be too good to do that in the burnout box and nail the walls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

------------------
1987 LX, rebuilt 306, Mac shorty headers 1 5/8, 2 1/2" Mac off road h-pipe, 2 1/2" 2 Chamber Flowmasters cat-back, Mac underdrive pullies, 3.55, K&N, Tremec 3550, King Cobra Clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, Autometer gauges, White face gauges, blue silicone radiator hoses.
Best times:
2.331 60ft, 9.966 @ 71.069 1/8 mile, 15.491 @ 91.846 1/4 mile at 4000 ft. elevation on street tires
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 03:20 PM   #2
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 87 and up cars have two lines for the front brakes, one to each wheel. Then the separate line to the back? If that's the case, then you'll have to find where it goes into one line and go from there. That's about the only thing I can think of if your brake system is in good shape.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 01:26 AM   #3
Chris_H
Registered Member

Sorry I didn't give more info earlier, I was in a hurry to get to work. I had a guy on each side of the car watch the front wheels and they both said that they were locked and not rolling. We hooked the brake line for the front brakes into a "T" and plugged that right into the proportioning valve. We bled the brakes down good and all was well until I broke the tires loose. Everytime I have done this the back end comes around the left side on me. It's fun, but at the same time its annoying because it won't stay straight for me. Any ideas?

Chris
Old 02-17-2001, 08:11 AM   #4
RUSTANG
Registered Member

I have seen guys at the track have someone push on one side of the car to keep it from doing that. Make sure your on a level serface or you will drift with the slant. Also if the front tires are not straight or you not in line with the rear you will move either way you are out. You may have to start with the tires slanted to keep it straight, basically controlling it like you would a long burn out off a corner or somthing.
RUSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 09:46 PM   #5
mikos chris

just for the heck of it, check to see if your air pressure is the same on the rear tires. If not it could be part of your problem, I've got one in my 83 and it stays pretty straight. GOOD LUCK
Old 02-17-2001, 10:05 PM   #6
mitymerc
Registered Member

the idea about the tire pressure is a good one... how about the dreaded 1 wheel peel? is your traction lock working properly?
mitymerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 12:43 AM   #7
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
who makes line locks?
do you have a part# & a $$$, im pretty intrested cause i want to be aable to do good brake stands with the stock gearing(for now)

------------------
1988 Mustang GT, T-5
No Smog Pump (Shorty Belt), Dumps At The End Of Stock H-Pipe (Sounds Mean), K&N Air Filter (Stock Air Box, Removed air silendcer), 198.9 rwhp @4200 (235 Motor!!), 285 lbs-ft @2900 (336 Motor!!!).
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 01:43 AM   #8
Chris_H
Registered Member

Talking

You know RUSTANG, a buddy of mine made the comment to have my wife stand out there and push on the car, maybe thats an idea! I'll have to check the tire pressure tomorrow and then go find a nice secluded place to try a few different ways. I just hope I can get this straight. It definately does leave 2 sets of tire marks. Left a good 70 foot track the other day by the shop. Will let you know.

Chris
Old 02-18-2001, 08:40 AM   #9
jchambers

Out of the master cylinder, left side goes directly to the brake while the right side goes to the proportioning valve to be shared by the rears. You need to plug the right side out of the MC and use two outputs out of the roll control for the fronts. I've got a plumbing schematic on my website showing the difference between stock and line-locked. Just follow the URL in my sig.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #3
11.97 Seconds/114.5 MPH
Chambers Racing Team