MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2001, 01:21 PM   #1
92Rustang
Registered Member

Post New motor guess's????

I just bought a new 302 short block with gt-40(p)stageII ported heads, E303, 1.7RR's.Does any body thing I could broke 13's.I have a cobra intake,19lbs,75mm MAS, pulleys, adj fuel,electric fan, 3.73, and stock 5spd. I'm also going to get a 155 pump.
With my stock 95,xxx motor I was running high 13's @ about 101mph. Also running Nitto's. I'm think this combo should be good for low 13's ,I was just wondering if I might see high 12's??(wishing) if not what could I do to get there. Thanks for the input guys.

------------------
Check my site for mod
www.fordmustanggt.com
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 02:43 PM   #2
Green92LX
Registered Member

Low 13's are a good possibility, but I think you might need some happy-gas to see those 12's...

------------------
1992 5.0 LX, V-1 S-Trim @8LBS, Edelbrock 6037 Heads, Cobra Intake,E-303, 1.6 Roller Rockers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP w/ 24 lb injectors,MSD 6A and BTM, BBK equal length shorties, offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors, Ponies w/ 225/50 Nittos, Dark Green w/ 93 Cobra Spoiler

Daily driver: 89 Coupe with 207K plus, BBK shorties,offroad h-pipe,2-chamber flowmasters with dumps
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 04:45 AM   #3
smooth
Registered Member

so do you run at gateway? nice track, 400 feet is AWESOME for the midwest. you could try some ET streets or slicks and a new clutch (you should put a good clutch in with the new motor while it is out). with a decent launch not too bad on the drivetrain you should be able to do it, really depending on your weight. if your 101mph was with the stock longblock and you get some hook i don't see any reason why you can't hit 12s.
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 03:30 PM   #4
92Rustang
Registered Member

Yes I run at gateway when I get time. Do live near the area? I'm get a new fly wheel along with the king clutch for my combo. I'm going to try and make opening day Saturday the 31st with my old combo to get one last run out of her. If you live close come on down.

------------------
Check my site for mod
www.fordmustanggt.com
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 08:00 PM   #5
smooth
Registered Member

nope actually i live up north in cook county, northwest suburb of chicago. i go to school in iowa though. i've got friends that go to SIU which isn't all that far you (not all that close though.) it is too bad gateway is so far from me because we are talking half the elevation of most of the tracks up north (cordova is only around 75 miles from my school and is a little over 500 feet and the local track to me there (TSR) is about 40 miles away and 650 feet.

how is the track itself? does it get real crowded? reasonable rates? i know my friends back home are sick of running at GLD and route 66 because they are almost always packed, not to mention 3/4 of the people there are imports and 99% of them can just hop in their cars and race. they worship the ground that the helmet-wearing import racers walk on, "dude he runs atleast 13s!!!" hehe
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote