MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-10-2003, 01:44 AM   #21
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by andy669
I dont care whether its N/A or with a power adder, its all about making the most of what you have.

If someone tells you they run 11ohs naturally aspirated, yeah that sounds pretty good. But then if they tell you thats with a 400 inch stroker motor with huge heads, cam and intake, thats not so good. I wouldnt be impressed.

Look up the rules for some of the heads-up class racing sometime, then look at the times the guys are running. Look at Jeff Chambers in Fun Ford Weekend Street Warrior, his car makes insane amounts of power with the rules that his engine is built to. To me, thats what is impressive.

Andy
Yep, that's what I'm talking about....
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:29 AM   #22
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I never said I hated the trailered cars, just have no desire to have one. I really was not gonna respond to this, but your comment about not being able to afford one was stupid.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:44 AM   #23
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by rwhite65
If a car beats u, cry all u want cause he has a blower, but he did.
I've never "cried" because someone beat me reguardless of what they used.
As for the JATO pak, you can readily obtain rocket motors in gorgeous looking satin finished anodized tubes ... some with 3 or 4,000 lbs of thrust ... think of 4 or 5 of those babies strapped together in your trunk!! Would that impress me ... you freekin A it would ... if some guy came out there and did the same thing with an internal combustion motor with a blower and nitrous on it, i'd be even more impressed .... if some guy came out with just a N/A motor and did the same thing, i'd be even more impressed ... if some guy took a rat tail file and carved a motor out of a block of steel then went out and did the same thing, i'd be incredibly impressed ... my point is... The struggle the creativity the time spent, the more of that there is the more i'm impressed .... don't get me wrong, all of it impresses me, its just that some of it impresses me more.
Look at it this way. If some guy makes it from Calif. to Hawaii in a little motor boat, thats damn impressive. If somebody does the same thing in a row boat, would that not be even more impressive? what about somebody who swims that same distance? Or would you say, they all made it to Hawaii, what difference does it make how they got there ?
Under Construction: 64 Falcon 372 cu in. stroker 1:72 rod ratio 6.250" rods (long rod), Comp Cams XE274 230/236 520/526 @ .050, Scorpion Rollers, Roush 200 irons, 10:1 Keith Blacks, Hedman long tubes, 750 Holley DP, Edelbrock Victor Jr., C4 3500 stall, gears and tires to be anounced.

Last edited by HotRoddin; 11-11-2003 at 02:40 AM..
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:09 AM   #24
rwhite65
Ride Hard

hotroddin
I think u may a good point....I believe all sides have been covered well...and will finish on that note.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #25
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by rwhite65
hotroddin
I think u may a good point....I believe all sides have been covered well...and will finish on that note.
Ryan
Yes, I agree. Good points on both sides. This was a decent debate and debates and diff of opinion are all part of the muscle car hobby.

.....and although I could go on and say, well, what if the point was just to get from California to Hawaii the fastest (like junkyard wars....), and one guy says, "hmm I'll swim, cause I'm an olympic swimmer", another guy says "hmmm, I'd rather use my trusty old row boat, b/c I'm an olympic rower" , and the third guy says, "well, I'll rig up an old motor boat", which guy was most innovative and got there quicker???? Yah, I could go on and say that, but I won't. .....
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 12:57 PM   #26
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Just cause I like causing a ruckus (not really, I just thought this needed to be said) Is an 11 second Civic more impressive than an 11 second N/A stang? We all know a civic would have to be turbo or blown or mega NOS or have a fat *** crazy engine to go 11's. So which one's more impressive. To be honest, I say neither. The civic is impressive, and honestly, I might roll an 11 second civic, but the stang is also badass. But the civic would have to have absolutely no ricer bullshit on it. however, I still feel that an N/A stang is more impressive than a blown stang running the same times. Blower install is relatively easy to do. Now tweeking a 302 (or some variation of a Ford small block) to make the same power as a blown one? That's impressive. No question about it. But either way, if you just pay someone else to do all the work to your car, blown or not, turboed or not, NOS or not, I have less respect for a guy who throws down 6 grand to have some speedshop build him a 347, or have someone install a blower than the guy who sits around in his garage trying to figure out how to tweak what he's got. Or someone who builds the 347 themselves, now that's badass and you've got my props. RICERS SUCK!

1984 LX Hatch
306 w/ TRW forged flat toppers, Comp Cams Magnum 292H, GT40P heads w/ 3 angle valve job, .550 lift springs, Angus Racing Roller Rockers, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 4150 650cfm carb, MAC 1 5/8 Long Tubes, Single Chamber Flowmasters, 91' T5 w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, Turbo Coupe 8.8 Rear w/ 3.55 gears, QA1 Motorsports tubular K member, no interior except steering wheel and seat.
Coming soon: 6 or 8 point cage, Fuel Cell, Weld Draglites
QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 12:15 AM   #27
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
This was a decent debate and debates and diff of opinion are all part of the muscle car hobby.
Absolutely! ... Nothing livens things up like a little friendly debate ... everybody learns somethin, and it gets your blood movin a little faster.
If you don't think a little friendly debate stirs up interest, take a look at how many people have read this thread
We all said our piece, we all learned a little ... thats what its all about.
Under Construction: 64 Falcon 372 cu in. stroker 1:72 rod ratio 6.250" rods (long rod), Comp Cams XE274 230/236 520/526 @ .050, Scorpion Rollers, Roush 200 irons, 10:1 Keith Blacks, Hedman long tubes, 750 Holley DP, Edelbrock Victor Jr., C4 3500 stall, gears and tires to be anounced.
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote