MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-27-2002, 08:12 PM   #21
chatcher
Registered Member

i would just buy which ever car you like to look at better other than that they both can be made into very competant road vehicles with alittle time and alot of credit cards(hehe) you can get either car to perform to your liking
i bought a 89,a 91 and i now own a 92 i just love the way that body looks
i would think your vision should be your guide
Old 03-01-2002, 01:52 AM   #22
Shogun
Registered Member

Default yes the evil idle surge..

Quote:
Originally posted by Raw Power
Has anyone heard of the power surge problem with the 5.0?
Yes, I have been battling that for some time, and have heard a lot of ways to fix it. However, none of them worked, so I got into a Ford manual and began reading on how the system works, basically, I made sure the car was at oprating temp and the base timing was set to 10. I run NOS so I leave it at 10. Then disconnect the battery for ten min to wipe the adpative fuel memory clean, but before you reconnect the battey, disconnect the SPOUT connector at your distributior, and the Idle Air Control Sensor (IAC). Then place a .030 feeler gague between the throttle stop and the idle screw adjustment. Now reconnect the battery, start the car. AT this point the computer is fresh and the IAC is disconnected, so you may have to give it a little gas when starting...maybe not. The car will run like crap for a little while but it will adjust quickly, once the car evens out on idle remove the feeler gauge and set base idle with the screw. Usually about 800 rpm for moderately modified cars. Once you have the base idle set, shut off the car, reconnect everthing you disconnected and immeadiatly take the car for at least a ten mile drive in both stoplight and highway traffic if you can. The drive will give the computer the time to adjust to the new settings and create a new fuel profile of your engine. This procedure cured my idle problems almost instanly. The car even idles great when it is cold. I hope it helps others as much as It did me.
Proud RHC member #99
1990 Mustang GT Trick Flow heads,F303,Mac cold air,FMS 65mm tb,73mm ma,FMS 1.6,GT-40 intake,MSD igintion,NOS Big Shot@150,Mac equal shorties,Mac h-pipe,American Thunder flows,Centerforce dual friction,TTC 3550,alm drive shaft, 3.73's, HPM subframes, k-member brace, strut tower brace.. amongst others.
Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
demonicus
Registered Member

Default Re: What is the differences between the 1994-95 5.0 and the 93 and older 5.0

For anyone that is making the decision to purchase a stang I say this:

What is it's use?
If you want straight up balls on the table and a go fast car then consider the fox. For 5500 canadian you can get yourself into a nice fox already supercharged and making close to 450+ rwhp.

Now if you want something thats a lil nicer inside, comfortable, and has good passing power then go for the 94/95. You can give the 94/95 almost al the same parts as the fox but your interior will be nicer.

With that said: As an 89notch owner I bought my stang for 4grand and it was already modified performance wise.
A major upgrade for our fox cars is the 5lug wheels. Where do we get those 5 lugs? well we get the spindles from a 94/95 and do the swap. My car is is a few hundred pounds less then the hatch fox and a further 200 from the SN95 models.

Personally I say dont waste your money... you want serious power for cheap? get a fox. Spend the extra for the 5lug swap/and throw in the SN95 interior seats as well and your set for more speeding tickets then you can imagine.

demonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #24
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: What is the differences between the 1994-95 5.0 and the 93 and older 5.0

Wow, extremely old topic you dug up but nonetheless a good debate. Not sure why you chose to pick "passing power" as an advantage over the foxes but to each his own. I personally do not like the 94-95 ECU's, they take out timing with each shift and lots of people complain about tunability with them as well. Price, well you can pick up a SN95 for around the same price range of a fox nowadays. The 5lug conversion, I can't agree more, I've done the swap and love it, although you will need a bit more than just the 94-95 spindles for the swap, not too mention the rear conversion. Rest assured though a quick search on these forums and you will be able to find in great detail the instructions and recommendations of those who have done the swap many times.
Serious HP for Cheap? It's been said best by another member on here, you can only pick 2 of the following.

1. Cheap
2. Reliable
3. Fast

But there are tons of ways to be fast for cheap than just getting a fox nowadays, eitherway, good luck have fun and by the way....welcome to the board!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #25
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

The foxbody can be made to easily do everything better than a 1994-1995 mustang.

I have the following mods on my 1992 LX and you wont see any SN's out braking or out handling me.....Thanks to some very nice Corbeau seats and some other odds and ends the interior isnt bad either.

Year : 1992
Make : Ford
Model : Mustang lx
Details : -Griggs Racing K member -Griggs Racing Control Arms -Griggs Racing Severe Duty Torque Arm -Griggs Racing Panhard Bar Severe Duty -Griggs Adjustable T/A Cover -Griggs Racing Bumpsteer Kit -Maximum Motorsports Lower Control Arms no spring perch -Steeda subframe connectors-Maximum Motorsports Caster\Camber Plates -Maximum Motorsports Front Coil-Over Kit -Maximum Motorsports Rear Coil-Over Kit -Hypercoil 300 lb. Front Coil Over Springs -Hypercoil 250 lb. Rear Coil Over Springs -Ford 1999 35th Anniversary 17"x 8" Wheels -13" Cobra Brakes Drilled and Slotted Rotors (Front) -11.65" Cobra Brakes Drilled and Slotted Rotors (Rear) Willwood proportioning valve -98 Cobra 3.27 Trac-lok Rear End -Aluminum Drive shaft -3 Core Motorsport Radiator -Vortech A-Trim
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote