MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-12-2001, 05:09 PM   #21
Unit 5302
Registered Member

DO NOT PUT GLASSPACKS ON A 5.0 MUSTANG!!! YOU DO NOT DRIVE A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY STREET ROD.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 07:32 PM   #22
88GT5.013.02

Unit:

That's why I stayed away from Dynomax, I heard them on a car and it sounded like a small block chevy with glass packs. I am not trying to be a wise a$$, but that is seriously why I stayed away from Dynomax.

Aren't Dynomax super turbo's straight through with fiberglass packing. I haven't heard of the ultra flos, do they sound better than the other Dynomax mufflers? I would consider these if they sound better than the super turbo's and have less drone that the flowmasters.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 05-12-2001, 08:54 PM   #23
Fostang
Registered Member

I had my full exhaust aluminized and then coated with HTC. Voala less heat more power and no rust. Even where it was welded they coated. I had the shop show me different types of mufflers like borla, edelbrock, and dynomax and to tell you the truth they seemed cheaply made. The ones I really liked other than the flows where the polished edelbrocks.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 01:51 AM   #24
Blk89GT
Registered Member

Well, here is my $.02...
I have Super Turbos on my car currently, and i really like the sound. I bought my car almost a year ago and the Super Turbos were on it already. If i could choose any system regardless of price i would probably go with Bassani. They have some of the best craftsmanship and flow and sound good too. Unfortuantely, they cost an outrageous amount. Otherwise, i think you can't really go wrong with Dynomax, Flows, or MAC. They each have a unique sound, but they all sound alot better than stock. If you have a track near by, go on a test and tune night. Talk with some of the guys running their Stangs and listen to them in person if possible. Anyway, good luck.

------------------
'89 GT- Pro 5.0 shifter, alum. driveshaft, C/F Dual-Fric. Clutch, BBK shorties, MAC H-Pipe, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back, more to come...
Blk89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 02:32 AM   #25
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
Blk89GT, i was at the track friday night & i herd lots of nice sounding 5.0s, but the one I liked the most (MikeBlackGT) had 3 chamber flos, & i loved the sound :-p they wernt to loud, but had an awesome rumbel. so when i finally get the $$$ for the cat-back it will be a flowmaster forceII 3 chamber.

GLASSPACKS OR NO MUFFLERS???
thats the question till i get some real $$$

------------------
1988 Mustang GT, T-5
3.08's, No Smog Pump (Shorty Belt), Dumps At The End Of Stock H-Pipe, K&N Air Filter (Stock Air Box), Removed air silendcerMy Stang
My Site (Not Done Yet)
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 05:07 AM   #26
Mach 1
Registered Member

Regardless of sound, dynomax cat back system fits much better and installs easier because of the fit. Ive had dyno and flow (2 chamber). I sold the flows because they sound like crap with off-road h-pipe, unless you want to sound like tin cans dragging behind your car. go with dynomax, u wont be dissapointed in sound or fit.

[This message has been edited by Mach 1 (edited 05-13-2001).]
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 05:10 PM   #27
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
well, i really like the sound of the 3 chambers, not to loud, & a nice rumbel
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote